Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

topper for bed ?

• 28-01-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

This may not be the best forum for this question, but I didn't find one that seemed to fit better. I'm hoping the handy and clever folk here can help me out.
    I am renting a furnished apartment, and it's all good except the bed. The mattress is not a great one, but I am short of funds to buy a replacement bed. I have heard talk of toppers that can help with support and comfort, but I don't know where to shop for such a thing.
    Anyone out there know of these? Are there different types that may be better than others? Where should I look for something like this?
    Thanks a mill, and if there is a better place to post this question, let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,616 ✭✭✭✭looksee

http://tinyurl.com/ye64foh
    Argos have them. The memory foam ones are good but they tend to 'creep' on the bed so you have to remake the bed completely every couple of days. They are also expensive.
    A cheap alternative is a continental quilt held in place by a fitted sheet. If the bed sags in the middle try folding an old blanket or similar and putting it between the mattress and the base in the area that sags.

Advertisement