Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Running Scared

Options
  • 29-01-2010 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Decided to start logging again after a fairly long break. Might help with the motivation.

Starting out s-l-o-w-l-y (in every sense of the word!).....2 miles last night in 21 min 32 s and 1.57 miles tonight in 16 min 20 s. Trying to minimise stiffness by taking it slowly and keeping the milage low initially....

Have a couple of plans to work towards for the next few months but hopefully can keep the motivation up to get that far.

Looking forward to getting back to reading all the logs on here again :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Took yesterday as a rest day as I was surprisingly stiff after the last couple of days.

4.9 mile walk today just to get rid of the stiffness and keep the momentum going.

Hopefully will get out for a run tomorrow....its fab in Galway today!

Out for 3 miles tonight, 32 min 11 sec. Was a nice night for it, once the rain finally stopped. Longest run so far this year :o

3 miles on Thurs 33 min 10 sec. 5.1 miles Saturday in a very foggy Galway. About 55 min. Rest on Sunday-unfortunately was very thirsty on Sat night after my run :(

3 miles again tonight in about 32 min 10s. Great stress reliever!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good stuff, glad to see ya back posting :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

hey McConkey I've just noticed you're back.
    Have you any races planned for this year? Was it achill you did last year?

Hi rainbow and littlebug

Good to hear from ye, thanks for the posts, every little helps :)

I'm feeling guilty tonight because I had planned a 3 miler but I'm on a couple of different antibiotics for ear and nose infections and am just going to head to bed early instead. Jigging around hurts my ear. I plan to go out again in tomorrow morning/evening and run 3 miles on Fri instead.

I just got an email about an 8k in Oranmore on Sunday-am a little tempted but its the road I tore my arch on last year...so maybe not.

Was thinking of the Ballybunion half in a couple of months. I think there is a 10k somewhere local the weekend after next if I am around. Will just keep chipping away in the mean time, I expect the times to get back to about 9.45 min miles or better hopefully within the next few weeks.

Find its great to burn off the stress after a frustrating day at work but not tonight. It's good to be back though :) Must head off now to catch up on yer logs :o

Two miles only out of three tonight due to having to be somewhere at eight and getting stuck late at work. My first sub 10 min mile this time around:)....Got it sounds bad when you see what some people around here can do but nevertheless.....:o

19 min 47 sec. Plan for another run tomorrow, taking a weekend off from the social life:pac:

First long run for me tonight-7 miles, taken slowly.

mile 1 10.24
    mile 2 10.30
    mile 3 10.45
    mile 4 11.12
    mile 5 10.43
    mile 6 10.50
    mile 7 10.59

One short walking break-guess which mile :)
    By the way littlebug, yes it was Achill I did last year, would be nice to improve on my time for the haf marathon this year...by about 25 minutes :) maybe something flatter will suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well if you want pancake-flat, there's always the Irish Multimarathon in Clontarf the first weekend in July...

• Advertisement

Well if you want pancake-flat, there's always the Irish Multimarathon in Clontarf the first weekend in July...

hmmm....I googled that and it does look like a nice one, it's a long way to travel for it but then if I want flat....and now we have motorway from Galway to Dublin.....

Was out for a couple of miles of hiking today to keep the stiffness away. Was a beautiful day and took my 5 year old nephew with me so we even had a few little races between us....I must be slow, he is 5 and it was a struggle to keep up :o

Night off tonight, kicking back watching the tele.....but curiously have the urge to go out and run. Think I've managed to surpress it with a bag of crisps and some jaffa cakes though :D

Guess I'm not the only one stuffing my face-judging by the ART Lenten thread :pac: :pac:

Decided to give up Coke as part of the Lent thing more in solidarity with the group than for any religious reasons :) I think I'll find it ok to give up as long as I don't forget that I'm not supposed to drink it (Two Coke ads have come on tele as I type this 2x2L bottles for 2 euro-how is this possible?)

Went for a run after dinner tonight, 3.01 mile in 30min 11s, was really pushing it to get under 30 min tonight as I was a few seconds under 10 min for the first mile but didn't manage it anyway :(

Had a few lovely pancakes afterwards with lovely lemon and sugar and some with maple syrup....good fuel for after a run?.....probably not :P

mile 1: 9 min 43 sec
    mile 2: 10 min 23 sec
    mile 3: 10 min 04 sec

4.04 miles tonight on a nice frosty evening. Roll on the full moon, the roads I'm running on are very badly potholed so need the light of the moon to see where I'm going :p I have a head light but have misplaced over the last couple of days.

Very slow tonight, have a bit of tightness in my right leg below the calf, remember the physio dispersing that for me last year....hopefully it'll go away itself cos I definately don't want to suffer that again....it feels so good but so sore at the same time-weird!!

mile 1 10.35 165 bpm
    mile 2 10.55 174 bpm
    mile 3 10.59 177 bpm
    mile 4 11.07 176 bpm

Really didn't feel like I was going that slow! :eek:

Took tonight off due to very cold weather and just feeling wrecked in general. Plan a 3 miler for tomorrow and then I am thinking about a 10k on Sunday at very short notice. Sure I suppose it wont do me any harm and only e10 entry fee....as long as the old arch holds up this time what can go wrong:) :rolleyes:

Didn't make my three miler on Sat anyway....bad time management I suppose.

Went to the 10 k today, was a walk on beforehand in which about 200 people took part. There were about 25-30 runners only, so lets just say I was bringing up the rear from the get-go.

Was quite a hilly run and ended up walking a few of the hills (no stamina for these :o). Anyway, it turns out my forerunner mapped the run as 5.77 miles not 6.2 unfortunately. Took me 58 min 54 s so was nowhere near getting under 1 hour for 10k anyway.

Mile 1 9.40
    Mile 2 11.02
    Mile 3 10.23
    Mile 4 10.24
    Mile 5 10.20
    Mile 6 (0.77 miles-7 min 1s)

0.4 miles is a good chunk to miss, its a shame really but I suppose when it starts and ends directly outside the hall where registration and refreshments are on there isn't mch you can do :pac:

To me mile 1 and 2 are probably correct but I think they may have gotten a bit shorter after that....

Lost my mojo a bit this week. Have missed a couple of runs, eyes are swollen, finishing some antibiotics tonight and just wrecked. Cold weather not helping either. Hopefully will get out tomorrow.:(

First night back again tonight!! I am a disaster, it's official.

Maybe I can stick with it a bit better this time. Anyway 4 miles tonight, about 0.5 mile walking and 3.5 running. Took about 40 min I believe.

Getting stiff already :)

4.4 miles tonight in a little over 50 minutes I think. Still had to walk and run but hopefully will keep improving away slowly.

Advertisement