Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traffic police - whats the truth

• 29-01-2010 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

A question for you...????
    Are people with issues ...i.e. chips on their shoulders automatically drawn to being a traffic cop...?Or does the job sour them that much that they just become angry and rude ??Im driving 22 years for a living and have no convictions for any offence driving or otherwise.I just find the hostility and bad manners shown by these people to joe public hard to take sometimes.In my opinion this type of hostility is more about insecurity in themselves than a reaction to an incident.....:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Scania580 wrote: »
    A question for you...????
    Are people with issues ...i.e. chips on their shoulders automatically drawn to being a traffic cop...?Or does the job sour them that much that they just become angry and rude ??Im driving 22 years for a living and have no convictions for any offence driving or otherwise.I just find the hostility and bad manners shown by these people to joe public hard to take sometimes.In my opinion this type of hostility is more about insecurity in themselves than a reaction to an incident.....:rolleyes:

I would say its down to two things:
    * Cops generally have a superiority complex due to the power they have
    * The people they deal with are generally never in the wrong not matter what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

TBH I say in my experience its pretty much 60% nice people, 40% arseholes, like most jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

generally find if you are pleasant and courteous towards them you won't have an issue - saying that like us all they can have bad days too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Out of the 3 or 4 times I've been stopped by the traffic corp, all on bikes, they've all been very decent bar one was who an arsehole from the outset. I would imagine the attitude of most of them reflect the attitude of the motorist in question to them, be pleasant to them and for the most part they'll be the same to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Seriously guys, you think a traffic cop just patrols, you should see what they deal with on a daily basis, fatalities, armed & dangerous drivers, everything! If I had to arrive at a scene of an accident to find someone dead I would be in a pretty $hit mood too.

I, like others have mentioned, have been stopped, and if I am decent to them, they are to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

As with every organisation there's going to be bad apples.

Unfortunately, some people still see fit to generalise, probably due to one isolated experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Hows it goin like the original po im on the road a lot of the time. I have a few friends in traffic and many more in ags. I have to say a lot of them are sound except for one arsehole i met one day on a bike he was tc. He started talking to me through his helmet and when i told him i didnt understand he started roaring "can you fcuking speak english". I am as irish as the rest of ye but i flipped and got on and fcuked him out of it. I really went mad i took his number and rang about him. I never met anything like it. Scania 580 was wondering had some of them a chip on their shoulder well this fella had a rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

malcox wrote: »
    Hows it goin like the original po im on the road a lot of the time. I have a few friends in traffic and many more in ags. I have to say a lot of them are sound except for one arsehole i met one day on a bike he was tc. He started talking to me through his helmet and when i told him i didnt understand he started roaring "can you fcuking speak english". I am as irish as the rest of ye but i flipped and got on and fcuked him out of it. I really went mad i took his number and rang about him. I never met anything like it. Scania 580 was wondering had some of them a chip on their shoulder well this fella had a rock.

you may understand english but you certainly struggle to type it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

you may understand english but you certainly struggle to type it!
    Im better without a crate of miller cookie monster. Id hate to met him now:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Scania580

Interesting!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement