Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipod in the car

• 29-01-2010 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hey, was wondering does anyone know how I can hook up an ipod to a car and where do I get the stuff for it?

Getting a 2007 golf and was wondering how do I go about hooking it up cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Robb wrote: »
    Hey, was wondering does anyone know how I can hook up an ipod to a car and where do I get the stuff for it?

Getting a 2007 golf and was wondering how do I go about hooking it up cheers

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/iPod_Kits/Dension_Gateway_100_iPod_Car_Kit

Dension are by far the best....but they are pricey. Very easy to install. I think this is the one I have in my car. Great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Had this question about an new Audi last week. Spoke to our Phone Kit installer (they also do some high end audio) and he recommended the Parrott 9200. Not that much more expensive than fitting the dension and gives you a Bluetooth Phone kit as well.

I know a couple of guys on here have them. EPM fitted one in his Leon which is more or less the same set up as the Golf (although probably a different radio).

My customer didn't want a screen so we went with a Parrott 9000 - does the same job and just has a small control wheel / buttons that will either fix to the steering wheel or can be stuck on somewhere. Very neat and seems to do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Aye, i've used the Parrot 9200 before. Great piece of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

if you are going for the parrott go for the one with a screen. I got a PARROT MKi9100 and wasnt going to get a screen. You wont know what you are doing with the iPod without a screen in my opinin and am very glad i have one now.

Sound quailty is very good. Cant remember the price as i got it installed up north when i bought the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭74merc

If you are going for the Parrot MKi9200, you will have to buy adaptor leads for VAG cars. They cost about £25. Halfords were selling the Parrot for £190 ish installed free, I doubt if it includes the adaptor though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

74merc wrote: »
    Halfords were selling the Parrot for £190 ish installed free, I doubt if it includes the adaptor though.

I wouldn't let Halfords fit wiper blades to my car, yet alone pull apart interior trim to fit a phone kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭74merc

I wouldn't let them near my car either! However I know a guy who used to work for them and he said that they get zero training, but if they break anything they will pay to get it fixed.

Advertisement