Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants Question

Options
  • 29-01-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

My dad became unemployed in September of last year.So I was wondering as a student,would I be entitled to a grant this semester?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

No mate. It is also likely that if your da earned too much last year you will not get it next year either. It is based on parents income the year previous your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

No mate. It is also likely that if your da earned too much last year you will not get it next year either. It is based on parents income the year previous your application.

^this but if your situation has changed dramatically they might give it to you

Technically i wasn't entitled to any grant becasue my wife and i were both working in 2008. I sent in my applcation anyway with a covering letter explaining how i lost my job in dec 08 and how my wife was about to have a baby and wouldn't be getting paid from her work. There was alot of paperwork to prove it all but i did get my grant approved at the top rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

GobBass wrote: »
    My dad became unemployed in September of last year.So I was wondering as a student,would I be entitled to a grant this semester?

Maybe not a local authority grant, but do go see the welfare co-ordinator, Scott, in the Student centre, he can sort you out with an emergency grant which are given to people who have been left financially burdened by unforseen circumstances such as parent unemployment. Also St Vincent De Paul grant is given to people that are struggling financially, think you get 150euro and you can go talk to them in G100 I think on a tues in the arts block between 11-1pm..!definitely worth checking out..!

Advertisement