Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here it goes...

Options
  • 29-01-2010 2:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Started to hit the Gym this week.

Basicly want to lose weight while toning up the upper body. The last 8 months or so I have gotten much fitter than I was. I am not very fit but I could tramp for 8 hours if needed and cycle for a few hours as well. This is in part with me living in NZ and cycling to work. I also started Mhuay Thai and did that for the last 3 months.

So its a start but want more. The thing is I have not dropped any weight at all. I feel fitter, look slightly better but still the same weight. What I want is to drop a stone or 2 and tone up alot.

Weighed myself monday and I was 98.5KG.
    My question is this,if I want to lose weight should I bother with Protein Supplements?

Ill post up my weights routine when I can.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Weights Routine

Bench Press 3x10
    Bicep Curl free weights 3x12
    Shoulder Press 3x12
    Chest Press 3x12
    Lat Pulldown 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x15

The other days where I am not doing weights my cardio consists of 5Km run/walk...hope to in a few weeks to be able to run the whole 5km.

So any advice on the whey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

jank wrote: »
    So any advice on the whey?

Hiya, you need to post your question in the main fitness forum rather than fitness logs section.
    In your post you should include your weight, height, typical days diet and your goals. Good luck

Bench Press 3x10
    Bicep Curl free weights 3x12
    Shoulder Press 3x12
    Chest Press 3x12
    Lat Pulldown 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x15

I am upping the weight of these slightly now. The first workout or two I was quite sore but now I feel fine after doing these weights. Should I be doing more in lifting more? Or is it normal not to feel sore all the time.

My weight when I started this was 98.5 KG.
    Since then it has gone to 97.3 and then 95.5 a few days ago.
    Happy enough with the drop.

Need to up the running though have been concentrating much too much on the weights. My 5Km non stop should be around 2-3 weeks away.
    I can do the 5Km (run/walk) in under 36 minutes but would like to get this down to 30 minutes. Should be around this when I start doing to 5km running only.

• Advertisement

OK off the wagon for the last few weeks mainly as I was at home visiting and such.
    Anyway back at it yesterday and today. Weighed myself, 93kg!
    Not bad, thought I would have put a bit back on.

Goal 1, break that 90KG mark (giving myself a month)
    Goal 2, get to 85KG (giving myself 3 months)

Arms sore after my weights but what can you do after a 6 weeks out from the gym. Will take me at least 2 weeks id say to get back to where I was lifting the weights I was easily able to lift back then.

Off running now....

So 92 KG now.

I know I know I should be under 90 now but I was sick the for a week a while back followed with a long business trip to Melbourne.
    Anyway...
    Hit the Gym 5 times last week, 4 times the week before and going to aim for another 5 this week.
    Gym is grand after work as it becomes very much a routine and a good way to destress after the day.

Think I need to start playing around with the weights a bit more to find a new routine. Think the one I have is a bit stale.

Update my Routine.

Weights
    Mon-Wed-Fri

10 min warmup by (walk/run 5 min each)

Bench Press 3x10 57KG
    Squat 3x12 30KG
    Bicep Curl 3x12 32KG
    Shoulder Press 3x12 32KG
    Assisted pullup 3x12 18
    Chest Press 3x12 92 lbs

Running
    Tue-Thur

5 min @ 6kph
    25 min @ 9kph
    4 min @ 6kph
    2min @ 9kph

incline @ 1%

Have a totally different weights routine now. I do zero cardio but feel better for it.

Weight is 87kg now but more importantly by BF has gone from 30% or so back then to 16.2% Want to get to under 10%.

Cant believe how weak I was back then. 30kg squats? LOL!
    today I did 9 sets of 6-8 reps at 90kg...

Will post up again soon.

Advertisement