Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Play - 'Beast', saw today in temple Bar

Options
  • 29-01-2010 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Just thought I'd tell yez bout a play, well more an open rehearsal I saw today in Smock Lane theatre in Temple Bar - called 'Beast'.... absolutely class... a two man show, Irish Guy and girl, love story of sorts, strong meat in places, pretty graphic but the language was brilliant, is goin to the arts festival in Limerick this weekend, knew about it through a friend so got to see the open kinda dress rehearsal today.

Story's based around an artist and his muse (who's a hooker) and how they fall in love - he's real high brow and she's a common prostitute and it progresses from there, don't wanna tell the basic premise behind it coz that's kinda the whole point but its quite shockingly good and sorta has a big crescendo right to the end, good actors as well especially the guy, who's in his forties

anyway there ya go I'm no Theatre buff but it really was excellent and it's called BEAST and its on in Limerick this weekend and then in Dublin sometime
    in the soonish I think don't know when, check it out if you hear it's on, Irish writer too - Elena somethin or other

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

con-chance wrote: »
    s goin to the arts festival in Limerick

What festival?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 con-chance

Belltable I think it's called, was on tonight down there, got a text from a mate, apparently people really loved it, should check it out if it's on in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭georgem25

ArtSmart wrote: »
    What festival?

Unfringed festival. See Belltable website and download a programme

http://www.belltable.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 con-chance

It got two awards, actor and writer - hope there's a full production in Dublin at some point

Advertisement