Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

DOES ANYWHERE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE COLLECTORS EDITION? PREORDERED IT IN GSTOP SAY ITS COLLECTORS BUT DOESNT SOUND LIKE IT THOUGHT COLLECTORS HAD STEELCASE GSTOP SAY ITS STANDARD GAME BOX??:confused::confused:
    SORRY BOUT CAPS IM NOT SHOUTING LOL

Saw it in HMV it has a steel box with some extra stuff its 69.99 the normal game is 45 and you get Public enemies on blu ray if you get it on PS3. I picked it and kane and lynch 2 up for 75 and got Leon on blu ray free with K&L too not bad bad 2 games and 2 blu rays. Then got Charlie Brookers book Dawn of the Dumb for a fiver !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I grabbed this on PC, but never really play games on my laptop. The framerate is very slow.

Any ideas how to remedy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Not a lot you can do besides either lowering all the display settings, which will make it look a bit crap, or get a faster computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

all i know now is after the first segment
    I want hidden & dangerous 3 now :(

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Christ that was a short game. Didnt see it ending there but when the cutscene started panning towards the sky I got the feeling that was going to be that. Very good game, but not a patch on the 1st Mafia. For such a huge map/city, you dont explore much of it at all!

Dont get me wrong, loved the game, but it should be longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Christ that was a short game. Didnt see it ending there but when the cutscene started panning towards the sky I got the feeling that was going to be that. Very good game, but not a patch on the 1st Mafia. For such a huge map/city, you dont explore much of it at all!

Dont get me wrong, loved the game, but it should be longer.

+1

Just finished it myself. Terrific game by all accounts, but a bit too short. And the ending...WTF that's it? What happens? Seemed to just cut-off!

Maybe it'll tie in with some DLC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Picked it up in hmv on xbox and got 800 free ms points, as said they also had Public Enemies on blue ray but I already had it so opted for the points.

From what was said about it those free points may come in useful ;)

Edit: Just saw the back of the manual, "Jimmy's Vendetta Downloadable Content Pack" Coming soon
    Looks we got sold half a game and will be ransomed the rest ffs. Glad they game me those free points for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Seriously short game, if it was GTA you would only be opening up a 2nd island by the time it ends.
    Also
    Rubbish ending but suppose they need to leave everything open for the next one and the possibility of joe trying to kill you etc considering you dont actually see him die

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I'm loving this game. It is just as good as I expected it to. I just love driving around the snow covered Empire Bay listening to classic songs from Sinatra etc.

Unlike other similar games like GTA or Saints Row this game seems set up to drive slowly around taking the whole beautiful city in. I'm stopping at every red light and the majority of stop signs.

I can't believe Eurogamer gave it 4/10. I know they have a tendency to be harsh for the sake of it but that is just ridiculous. This game has so much charm and there is so much to love that the reviewer must have been off his head.

I'm loving this game. It is just as good as I expected it to. I just love driving around the snow covered Empire Bay listening to classic songs from Sinatra etc.

Unlike other similar games like GTA or Saints Row this game seems set up to drive slowly around taking the whole beautiful city in. I'm stopping at every red light and the majority of stop signs.

I can't believe Eurogamer gave it 4/10. I know they have a tendency to be harsh for the sake of it but that is just ridiculous. This game has so much charm and there is so much to love that the reviewer must have been off his head.

I've officially lost respect for Eurogamer after that score. For any game reviews I now rely on Gametrailers excellent video reviews and Gamespot.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

People keep saying its Short.Reviews said it was 12 to 14 hours long judging what people are saying here its shortest.How long is it 8,10 Hours if its only 6 i'm going to go nuts.

GTR63 wrote: »
    People keep saying its Short.Reviews said it was 12 to 14 hours long judging what people are saying here its shortest.How long is it 8,10 Hours if its only 6 i'm going to go nuts.

There are 15 chapters. Casually I played through it in just under 11 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Elessar wrote: »
    There are 15 chapters. Casually I played through it in just under 11 hours.

Ah nuts I'm on Chapter 5 and I only started playing it this afternoon. I've probably only played about 3 hours and I'm stopping at every red light and most stop signs and playing on Hard. So that would mean only about 9 hours if it continues at this pace.:(

I think I'm going to have to ration this game to an hour or so each day because I'll be gutted when it is finished.
    Elessar wrote: »
    I've officially lost respect for Eurogamer after that score. For any game reviews I now rely on Gametrailers excellent video reviews and Gamespot.com

I agree. I'm going to find it very difficult to take Eurogamer seriously after this. Gametrailers are much better.

Euro gamer are all over the place recently some of the complaints he made are what i like about the game !!

About 30% in now in under 4 hours and im really enjoying it. Im sure DLC will play a big part in it with other stories every game seems to do that now a days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Only took me 9 hours to finish and i wasnt rushing it. Still nowhere near a 4/10 eurogamer only want hits on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Eurogamer Review.That site always depends on who is Reviewing it.The Review was 2 Pages of Negative drivel.They always use Analogies & other mainly weak attempts at humour.They're not alone on that.Most sites rarely mention Value for Money,Innovation or anything of note for the Customer who buys it & doesn't get a complimentary copy to review.They usually Bang on about a moment of insignificance read the Uncharted 2 review its a painfully bad review of a good game.They gave a bad score to Dead Space & give 7/10 to great games cause its they're go to score.I think this game is a 7/10 or a 76% game.Its may not be a classic but 4/10 is a real arrogant score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wiki has the DLC to be released this coming tuesday. Kind of annoying given the game is out 1 day and it reeks of "we could have put it in but decided to fleece you" What's the odds on it being a tiny download like the bioshock 2 one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The Made man dlc pack from the collectors edition is just 2 new suits and 2 vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The Made man dlc pack from the collectors edition is just 2 new suits and 2 vehicles

Pre-orders on Amazon had an offer for a Vegas DLC pack which included 2 suits and 2 cars. Is that the exact same pack?

Meh. The only reason I went with Amazon was that the PC version was just 24 pounds. Judging by what Im hearing about the game, thats about enough for it. There doesnt appear to be much replay value to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Is there anything else to do after you complete the missions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah, is there a free ride mode like in the first game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

GTR63 wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Eurogamer Review.

Funny part of it is the HUGE advert on the main page which lists the positive review scores from other sources... At least it shows that EG aren't for sale, they've just got rubbish reviewers!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In
    prison
    atm, did not see that coming :D

I really enjoying this game, so much i refuse to rush it taking my time, driving around is brilliant no matter how many stars i have i know exactly what roads to take to get away.

Findind fighting is very easy tho, soon as you learn the counter attack can beat the bejebus out of anyone without taking a hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

All 4 dlc’s packs for Mafia 2 are now available on them other places, War Hero Pack, Greaser Pack, Vegas Pack, Renegade Pack. Each pack contains 2 clothes & 2 cars. How much are they charging for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Only in chapter 8, really enjoying the game now...

Even though, it seems to be fairly light on the action so far, which seems to work great though as I am really enjoying the story....

I thought the 40's were cool, but the 50's are way better, the transition between the 2 was done brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

just cleared it there fantastic game really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Grim. wrote: »
    just cleared it there fantastic game really enjoyed it

So......Better than Mafia 1?

How long did it take ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What in the ****ing name of jaysus were they thinking when they decided to not have a free roam mode available when you finish the game.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    What in the ****ing name of jaysus were they thinking when they decided to not have a free roam mode available when you finish the game.

I know! Thats exactly what I was hoping id get as soon as those credits started rolling. Its pretty much, you have finished the short game, you can either play again, or move on to something else.

I loved how in the 1st game you had mini missions and the free-roam part of the game, where you could collect all the fancy hot-rods etc.

• Advertisement

Finished it and enjoyed it bar that 1 mission in chinatown that is terrible.

At the start of the game it saves mid mission but in the latter ones when you need it they have dropped it ?? Still small complaint good game was sailing towardsa 8 or 9 out of ten but its a bit short and stinks of DLC missions on the way so drops to 7 or 8 out of 10.

Advertisement