Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia II

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have to say i'm loving this game! on the 2nd last mission at just over 9 hours, it is a bit short but I had a blast going through the game. Once I changed the driving to Sim, it was just a joy to drive around the city. I took a cab everywhere in GTA but didnt mind a long drive in this once! Brilliant soundtrack as well. I'm going trophy hunting after I clear it. Has anyone got any of the DLC's? Are they worth it?

Rockstar support took over my missing dlc code issue, had to send em a picture of the game and receipt, waiting to hear back from them now. Tempted to pick up the other DLCs anyway tho, raging I skipped this when it was 1st out because of the negative reviews.

The mission where you
    kill Tommy from Mafia 1
    was just unbelievably epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Have to say i'm loving this game! on the 2nd last mission at just over 9 hours, it is a bit short but I had a blast going through the game. Once I changed the driving to Sim, it was just a joy to drive around the city. I took a cab everywhere in GTA but didnt mind a long drive in this once! Brilliant soundtrack as well. I'm going trophy hunting after I clear it. Has anyone got any of the DLC's? Are they worth it?

Rockstar support took over my missing dlc code issue, had to send em a picture of the game and receipt, waiting to hear back from them now. Tempted to pick up the other DLCs anyway tho, raging I skipped this when it was 1st out because of the negative reviews.

The mission where you
    kill Tommy from Mafia 1

rockstar support? wasnt it 2kczech who devolped mafia 2?

da gamer wrote: »
    rockstar support? wasnt it 2kczech who devolped mafia 2?

I was just as confused! I opened the ticket with 2k and rockstar emailed me saying they were handling it. I asked 2k about it and they said Take Two owns R* and 2k. Now im waiting on a manager who will be in monday to check my case, balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

The mission where you
    kill Tommy from Mafia 1

I marked out completely for that! And it was so well done. I had no idea what was happening and then suddenly realised and sat with my mouth open in awe.

It was such a cool touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just bought this again. I got it when it came out. Cleared it and traded it in. Liked it so much decided to get it again and get the dlc. Good times

• Advertisement

Cleared it yesterday, ending was a bit half arsed unless its gonna tie into Mafia 3 (not announced or confirmed yet). I would love to see a modern day mafia game like sopranos except not crap. I only have 6 trophies left but they are a pain, get the wanted posters, survive cops for 10 mins and other boring ones so mightn't bother going for platinum. Still not sure whether to get Joes adventure yet, PS. Joe is one of the best sidekicks in any game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The mission where you
    kill Tommy from Mafia 1

Christ thats very short,how much did you pay for it?

Christ thats very short,how much did you pay for it?
    I had a smyths gift card for 30 quid and thats what it cost. Plus had my wisdom teeth out so i was stuck on the couch just playing mafia since i got it. In the end, it took 10 hours to clear on hard mode, so glad I played through on hard, made it much more enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Picked this up recently, took 10 hours and I loved every minute of it! Thought the story was excellent.

2K have Mafia dlc on sale on PSN. I finally got betrayal of jimmy working, not tried it yet tho. Joes adventure is only 3.99 euro on PSN. Looking at reviews, they all say it is 8 hours long and an excellent dlc for full price (8 euro) Think i'll def have to pick it up for 4 euro!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

2K have Mafia dlc on sale on PSN. I finally got betrayal of jimmy working, not tried it yet tho. Joes adventure is only 3.99 euro on PSN. Looking at reviews, they all say it is 8 hours long and an excellent dlc for full price (8 euro) Think i'll def have to pick it up for 4 euro!

3.99 ? FFS I paid 8 quid two weeks ago :mad:

3.99 ? FFS I paid 8 quid two weeks ago :mad:

Sickner......so is it any good? worth 4 euro?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

I remember renting Mafia just as a general game. I can't recall if I completed it, but I remember loving things like speeding tickets and half of the missions. I rented it for a second time in maybe like 2007 and was not as impressed, but Mafia 2 is definently not a reflection of that. The ending, and the general storyline. I actually felt sad at the ending. I dont know spoiler tags, so dont read on or someone edit this is you want. Anyways, when you and Joe leave in seperate cars, and you are told "Joe isn't part of the deal". I was actaully like "Fk you, this guy is my best friend!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Sickner......so is it any good? worth 4 euro?:)

Yep I just finished it there last night. Its set in 1950, the year before Vito gets out of prison and is about how Joe became to know Eddie and Carlo. I won't say any more because I'd be giving the story away.

Advertisement