Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M3 trio for C+C

• 29-01-2010 3:34am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spent a bit of time scratching the nut figuring out if these pictures work well together and was curious as to other peoples opinion on the matter. Any input is much appreciated. There are other ones that might work better together and they're on my pix.ie site too. But I want to keep it to 3. This 3?

876126B4485F44879A88FC1C4AD75D4A-800.jpg

EDF5CF899674470A874E5AB9395D530F-800.jpg

B72FF1082EBA4C9FAEAECFF0076F2470-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I absolutely *love* what you've done here, fantastic work. Turns something relatively mundane into something really interesting.

Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I like the last one. It looks interesting, there's a 'continuity' theme to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Had to move well back from the screen for the first one to get the undulating wave, I think it'd look great printed and viewd from far back, it'd keep you guessing what it was until you got up close

The middle one seems a bit disjointed, I don't think it has the same continuity I like that the first and last have, I think it's a bit small in the black frame

I like the third one, it hold my interest following the line of the bridge around and matching features. Maybe a bit too much black border?

Cool series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

I love a lot of the stuff you do, Neil. But I'm not sure I'm getting that zing from the first two, although the third one I really do like..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hmmm...yeah I know hat you mean Trooners. I think I'm falling towards Nisio's post though as in 2's not working its ass off at all, lazy little geggar of a pic, I think 2 is good on it's own but it's throwing the other two and making the three less strong. If I drop 2 out and put in another one then No.1 is looking a bit too strong on it's own. I think Mor...is about there aswell in that the finale, the full stop, the better one is No.3. Cheers Pope I appreciate that but I think I'm going to twiddle with the set a little more....
    Hmmm y'see it's the 2nd part of a 2 part series. 1st series is simple enough straight forward schnapps but the 2nd part I was hoping to put my own view on. (Oh the undulation or wavelength part in the first was/is supposed to be important, that doesn't mean obvious).
    Maybe like this:
    6C78E71BB30E4332885E86DE45DADC6E-800.jpg

2. This (ish), as in something like this I just haven't the time to be fannying around with pics at mo. Ignore the swimmers I think they're for the hop.
    3D137EB9158542DCB11EFE5430FB5E20-800.jpg

Any better?

• Advertisement

The idea is that they're to compliment these. Well not compliment but eh....y'know...ying to the yang jibberjabba.

5DD2543EE1204829889A916429377957-500.jpg

FA38A3F917AA4CE99B1E06F89FB79142-500.jpg

34EAA2524A014753842B4403B84880AA-500.jpg

Just copped No. 3 got TOTD. It's great when that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

on the new #1 I think it's harder to pick the wave pattern out than in the original one with the three rows of waves. Would a series of pictures where #1 is the most abstract (the three rows of waves) #2 is less abstract (maybe this http://pix.ie/craanc/1475238/in/album/367630 with the same colour treatment?) # least abstract (the third picture of the bridge in the first post) work?

Nisio wrote: »
    on the new #1 I think it's harder to pick the wave pattern out than in the original one with the three rows of waves. Would a series of pictures where #1 is the most abstract (the three rows of waves) #2 is less abstract (maybe this with the same colour treatment?) # least abstract (the third picture of the bridge in the first post) work?

Could be onto something there. I've got to pop off line for a while though and will get some prints done and have a good think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Really like what you are doing here. Very inspiring indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

@ Humberklog : you have waaaay too much time on your hands :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Wow! Love them. I have to try that. :D

Just a quick thought: maybe eliminate the road pic altogether and drive home the confusion to order idea I was originally trying to convey. Do this by underlining the organization of entropy by doing 2 strong wavelength pics. Too much?

A4E9806698024C3DAA93D0132727430C-800.jpg

876126B4485F44879A88FC1C4AD75D4A-800.jpg

Hmmm....could be back to the drawing board over the weekend with this. Feckin yokes are giving me a headache.

Nisio wrote: »
    on the new #1 I think it's harder to pick the wave pattern out than in the original one with the three rows of waves. Would a series of pictures where #1 is the most abstract (the three rows of waves) #2 is less abstract (maybe this http://pix.ie/craanc/1475238/in/album/367630 with the same colour treatment?) # least abstract (the third picture of the bridge in the first post) work?

Oh Nisio I didn't get to click that image earlier. Ah...that pic's for something else. It might work visually but it would be distorting the intention I have of the mini collection...if you get my drift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Chorcai wrote: »
    Really like what you are doing here. Very inspiring indeed.

I have been messin around with busted up car parts for a good few hours, also over the past few weeks putting ideas together for a task set out in the NCAD brief "Show what “half-destroyed” means".

No where near as good as Humberklog

1 of a few ideas that in turn get destoryed then that gets destroyed etc etc

FEB1B01178AA4D0E8752FE214B92DAAE.jpg

Advertisement