Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wierd problem, cannot access one particular site.

• 29-01-2010 4:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi,
    I have a problem, I recently put in a netopia router instead of a broken Zyxel one.
    Since then I can't access www.thekillersmusic.com
    I'm not blacklisted by the site, no computer in my house can access it.
    I've cleared all net date and cache, reset and restarted router etc and nothing seems to work.
    From googling I've seen others have had the same problem with different sites but none of them found me a solution to the problem.
    Some guy on a forum said "change the MAC address of your router" but I don't know how to do that on the netopia.

Can anyone help out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

What happens if you try through a proxy like this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TKT

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    What happens if you try through a proxy like this ?

Forgot to mention that it works through those sites...I don't really want to constantly use that alternative though as there's sometimes when the webpage doesn't load up properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Hmm how do you know you're not blacklisted? could be that the site has blocked the range of IP's that you hook up to. I think myself I'd email them and ask what the story is. The tech contact for the site is at dns@islanddefjam.com

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Are you on Vodafone Ireland? I've experienced issues on their network where I couldn't access one site. I knew it was OK because I could access it from work at the same time.

If it is a VI account your're on, open a case with Comreg and then call Customer Don't Care. The agent won't do anything without a formal complaint. Been there, done that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TKT

Joe, I am on Vodafone Ireland...we were moved from BT and we've only had problems since it was moved. Thanks for the information atleast I know what the problem is now.
    I'm fairly sure my dad is already moving back to Eircom as Vodafone have been so unhelpful to us in the last 2 months as we've had troubles with out connection.

Can I just ask you what you would say to ComReg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

That sounds like a similar problem to one my mother is having - see this thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055814047

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

have you tried manually changing the dns on the router (or one of the PC's to test) to use opendns, level3 or googledns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

download Opera. When you want to access the site turn on turbo mode.

It redirects everything through Opera servers and compresses images on sites to conserve bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

The issue is somethingon the Vodafone Ireland network. Don't bother with customer don't care. They will try to change your router and DNS. Neither fixes the problem. I swapped out my router, switched to OpenDNS and use different PC's.

Customer don't care will no escalate the issue and have no suggestions other then the above.

Your only remaining options are to go on the net and to call Comreg. Pretty pathetic really. VI should be ashamed of how bad customer don't care is.

The problem is intermittent so I would guess it's a routing issue; I've noticed that your access router sometimes changes when you get a new IP address on your router.

Advertisement