Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house share in sydney? 1-2 mths

Options
  • 29-01-2010 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

just wondering about rentind a room in an apartment/ house in sydney over the coming months. Plan on being there for up to 2 months but dont fancy spending the whole time in hostels. have a bit of work lined up and would like to find somewhere fairly central to stay. Is gumtree the best bet or are there other places to look? Im not even sure if anyone would be willing to rent a room for such a short term?:confused: Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

paidi09 wrote: »
    just wondering about rentind a room in an apartment/ house in sydney over the coming months. Plan on being there for up to 2 months but dont fancy spending the whole time in hostels. have a bit of work lined up and would like to find somewhere fairly central to stay. Is gumtree the best bet or are there other places to look? Im not even sure if anyone would be willing to rent a room for such a short term?:confused: Thanks!

You should have no bother getting somewhere for that long. I stayed in a guest house in Darlinghurst for 2 months when I arrived in Oz. I paid $300 per week but I'm sure you can do better than that.

Gumtree is probably you best bet, there a short term section. But I cannot stress enough to be careful. There a whole load of cowboys on it but a few decent folk as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

used gumtree when i was in sydney for 3 months. ended up living near centennial park with one irish girl whose friends had moved on. 3 of us were paying less rent than a friend who was living in guest house with 10/11 others. plenty of irish people post so keep a look out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

www.sydneyterraces.com
    i stayed there for 3 months. Our house was grand but some of the others were messy! Good place for parties!! ;)

Advertisement