Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what kind of drunk are you?

Options
  • 29-01-2010 5:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

so Ive recently been weighing up the pros and cons of getting plastered when I'm out in the city. It gets me ultra relaxed with not a care in the world, but also I tend to do silly things/act silly. I dont get violent or slurry and falling over, just a bit more vocal and curious of my surroundings. I dont want to end up an annoying drunk when I'm out.

so, how does drink effect you? Do you just accept that your gonna act a bit like a fool somewhere along the night and enjoy everything else or do you worry about being a big drunken fool?

Its only lately when I'm out that I'm meeting friends of friends/making new friends but I dont want to make a bad first impression as Im becoming more aware of how I act when drunk.

PS I'm not drunk/drinking right now.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Personally I should probably steer clear of alcohol altogether.

Blackout city.

I think I've already said too much. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,918 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im a Drunk drunk.

Duh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Im an insanely happy drunk, i smile all night. i get very chatty too, probably to the point of being annoying.

But i like to think that my happiness spreads throughout the crowd and everyone is better off for me being drunk and stupidly happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

PS I'm not drunk/drinking right now.

Yeah... Right I belive yee..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Personally I should probably steer clear of alcohol altogether.

Blackout city.

I think I've already said too much. :cool:

+1

last year on australia day i was found happily chatting to a baby seat in the back of a car believing it was one of my friends who was ~10K miles away at the time. Generally a happy drunk though. Blackouts really do steal all my fun away :( It's like when girls get a haircut, you know something was done but you just can't figure out what it was :o

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Im a Drunk drunk.

Duh!

Niiiiice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm one of those drunks where if you don't know me well, you'd not think I was drunk at all. If you do know me well, you'd just think I was in a good mood. I don't really show drunkenness, at all.. just get a little bit chattier and a little bit happier, but not enough to make it noticeable.

I'm cool with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I am a sloppy drunk, but I have learned to fake drunkeness so I am able to relax and dance like a maniac without my friends getting all stupid when they aren't in the mood for the same.

So, if I am a little tipsy, I will just dance like mad, if I am actually drunk, I am usually puking! haha.

Also, I turn into Casanova when nice and tipsy! :D Especially if I am feeling good about the clothes I am wearing! I will just start chatting with no intentions and end up scoring! :) (Wish I had my own place! :( Most girls are too classy for alleys!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm very happy, make people laugh and laugh soooo much myself...so same as sober :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I think I experience the same full set of emotions and moods drunk as I do when I am sober, just less cautiously. And if pictures of myself when drunk are anything to go by, I develope an unsightly amount of spittle on my lower lip, probably from leching at people :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I fall asleep like the old man i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

An expensive one. :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Up until a certain point I'm just chattier, feel Ok dancing, in a good mood enjoying the craic. Then sometimes if I have that one drink thats one too many I fall around the place and become really annoying. I try not to be that person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'm told i'm quite a funny and pleasant drunk, i certainly never cause trouble or anything like that, but if i get even slightly drunk my memory falls to pieces, flash backs at best. If it's a proper session it's lost forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

The 'ole hand-eye co-ordination goes to crap but I normally remember everything :(

Although it's a good excuse to grab things I shouldn't :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm a happy spa when drunk and no one can dampen my buzz. If i see someone crying or fighting i stay well away in case they bring me down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Happy bouncy cheer people up drunk. :)

Also I can be a bit of a horndog at times..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I'm a pretty happy drunk, apparently funny, if a little stupid.

Unless I'm drinking whiskey. Then nasty Mr. Geek comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I am a very happy drunk and will talk the arse off a dead rat after a skinfull. I also get very affectionate and all the mates get a hug or three. :)

Suddenly though I reach a threshold and turn into a sleep drunk. My girlfriend told me its funny to watch as i can be in mid sentence and suddenly decide i need sleep and wander off. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

liah wrote: »
    I'm one of those drunks where if you don't know me well, you'd not think I was drunk at all. If you do know me well, you'd just think I was in a good mood. I don't really show drunkenness, at all.. just get a little bit chattier and a little bit happier, but not enough to make it noticeable.

I'm cool with that.

You're obviously not drinking enough!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I have to visit the toilet unmanly amount of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I'm a naked drunk. Ask any of my friends, they've seen waaaay too much of me. It works out rather well though, cos my gf is a horny drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

My drunken form depends on my mood. Usually it loosens me up and makes me more sociable, chattier and if I’m on a downer it’ll just heighten that. Most of the time I’m drinking to unwind and have a laugh and I can be a bit more fun (at least in my mind) for being a little drunker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Fairly happy drunk but if have too much can get a bit annoyed easily - people acting stupid/trying to be hard annoy me.

Also I cannot stop hugging people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Depends on where I am and what I'm drinking.

Red wines generally makes me do bold things, nothing too bold, just mischievous.

If I'm drunk in my apartment clothes last about half an hour before I whip em off to get more comfortable.

Rum usually turns me into a mute drunk, I just wander around with a big smile on my head, saying nothing.

Gin... well, I'm not sure what kind of drunk I am on gin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm a joke telling, card trick doing, Guinness drinking drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Happy, full of the love.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Dr. Feelgood

i cant remember

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

i piss my bed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Naos wrote: »
    Fairly happy drunk but if have too much can get a bit annoyed easily - people acting stupid/trying to be hard annoy me.

Also I cannot stop hugging people.
    Oh we wouldnt get on at all. I hate people touching me when i'm drunk.

Advertisement