Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to play pool/snooker?

Options
  • 29-01-2010 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

wondering if anyone can help me here. My mates and i want to play pool this weekend.
    Thing is the Palace has now changed the pool area to some nightclub:mad:

Any other suggestions? Preferably city centre

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

There is a place on South William street can't remember the name or Break for the Border just up from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Yeah, cheers for that... Never been in the one in South William st-dunno if it's big(there'll be 8/10 of us)
    Break for the border-nah... Too many bad experience in that place to go back :D

Thanks dude, might head to the one in South William st.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

It's called The Hideout. A bit dark and dreary but there's not many pool halls left so you can't really be choosey!

There's also a big pool hall attached to the cineworld complex on Parnell St.

AFAIK, there are only a couple of pubs left that have pool tables. One being the George Bernard Shaw in Portobello and Frank Ryan's on Queen Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

wondering if anyone can help me here. My mates and i want to play pool this weekend.
    Thing is the Palace has now changed the pool area to some nightclub:mad:

Any other suggestions? Preferably city centre

Cheers

The pool tables in the palace are still there. They are downstairs at the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Hideout is muck the one time I went there, half the balls pool balls were snooker, etc... never went back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Think there's a place on O'Connell St. beside Dr. Quirkeys called Ned Kellys I think.

Cheers everyone...

I went to the place on South William street, it looks eh dunno what word to describe it. And they don't serve alcohol, it would hard asking people to play pool without drinks. Am gonna ring the Palace, cause we could go to Whelan's or Anseo after playing...

Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

the palace(ground floor at the back) is fine, if only a bit chilly this time of year.

Break for the border , has tables as well for use during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bryn wrote: »
    The pool tables in the palace are still there. They are downstairs at the back!

aye there are just less tables i think. am heading in myself in an hour or so

Did you go? Was it busy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Fibbers is the best If you fancy a game of pool. Two pool tables in the corner and its never that busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Panda110 wrote: »
    Fibbers is the best If you fancy a game of pool. Two pool tables in the corner and its never that busy.

But it's a dump :p

Ah, we went to the Palace last night... Great craic, drinks @ €4.50
    We sucked playing though but it was good fun, probably go regularly as it was very relaxing :)

Advertisement