Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lennon out for 3 weeks

Options
  • 29-01-2010 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/28/aaron-lennon-tottenham-hotspur-injury

Aaron-Lennon-001.jpg
    Tottenham Hotspur's Aaron Lennon has been ruled out for at least three more weeks. The England winger, who has not played since a home win over West Ham United on 28 December, because of a groin problem, had a scan on Tuesday.
    Harry Redknapp is hoping the winger will not be absent for longer than three weeks.
    "We miss Aaron, with his pace," he said. "He gets at people for us. He's a real threat. It's important, though, not to rush him back and we wouldn't take that chance."
    Lennon will be disappointed to miss Wednesday's FA Cup fourth-round replay at Leeds, the club where he started his career. He will also miss the Premier League fixture at Birmingham City on Saturday and those against Aston Villa, Wolves and Wigan next month.
    Redknapp has moved to sign Eidur Gudjohnsen from Monaco partly because he feels that the Icelander could play in a midfield diamond, one of a number of options in the absence of Lennon.
    Ah ****** ******

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Balls, not what we needed. Having said that, I'd rather he was absent for those games than against Arsenal, Cheslsea, and Utd in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Bad news, thats for sure.

We've looked a bit toothless recently without him.

I expect the next few games to be very hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

SuprSi wrote: »
    Balls, not what we needed. Having said that, I'd rather he was absent for those games than against Arsenal, Cheslsea, and Utd in April.

Defo rather have him for those games but if we dont do the business from now on they wont mean much in the race for 4th.

Time for some of the others to step up to the plate and some already have

Bale - fair play to him, he has been one of the best players on the pitch last few games and has a lot of pace. Fulham couldnt handle him when he ran at them. Needs to concentrate on his crossing a bit more but has stepped up for me.

Modric - great to have him back, cant see anyone else on the team keeping the ball alive in manner he did for crouchs goal. Always a possiblity of a moments brillance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

If Lennon is out for another month like some say, Bale could be a shout for outside left when BAE returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

News is even worse for us. Lennon will need op now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

Wasnt there rumours that he wanted to be taken off earlier than Arry did as he new he was injured..

Maybe if he was then he wouldnt be out so long:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lennon expected back saturday week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Today is a big day for Lennon. I had heard in January that he would be be out for at least another 2 months so I did not expect him back in these last few weeks, in fact I had heard his world cup was in jeopardy. Fingers crossed todays check up goes well.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/123455/World-Cup-fear-for-Aaron-Lennon/

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

golfball37 wrote: »
    Today is a big day for Lennon. I had heard in January that he would be be out for at least another 2 months so I did not expect him back in these last few weeks, in fact I had heard his world cup was in jeopardy. Fingers crossed todays check up goes well.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/123455/World-Cup-fear-for-Aaron-Lennon/

think we're all praying for good results of that scan today. Missing him big time. Although in fairness Bentley has been playing well in his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Theese things are recurrent aren't they so they will happen a fair bit over his career because of how fats he runs which is a real shame I hope he gets better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

So what are they thinking? Out for season? Its a real shame for him. He really looked a star this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Oh this is just not good news. I was really hoping to see him scaring the bejesus outta left backs again soon.

Advertisement