Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to start illustrating... advice for a beginer?

Options
  • 29-01-2010 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    i've decided to give myself the kick in the arse that ive always promised i would and start illustrating and becoming more creative. Im coming from a photography background but have never really got my head around Photoshop from a 'creative' approach. Ive gone out and got my self a wacom (bambo ?) and have got used to it after messing with it since christmas. So im looking at where to start? what approach should i take, should i get myself a copy of illustrator aswell?
    any online weekly tutorials or step by step tutorials that would get me proficient enough to start 'messing' on my own?
    One of the main problems i expect is that ive never been the best at drawing characters and the like but i supose i've never really tried.
    Sorry begining to ramble on a bit, and hope i havent asked too many questions, but any advice would be very welcomed.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement