Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon tattoo studio :O

Options
  • 29-01-2010 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Where exactly is it? Ive heard some good stories and some bad ones, what do u all think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

How vague! :pac:

Could you even give us a county to begin the search?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

Sorry its in dublin city centre :pac:
    I'm sure ill find it no problem, was just looking for a slight helping hand :P
    Its more peoples experiences i wanna find out about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Is it the one on abbey street?

If so I was in it years ago. I only got a handy bit of celtic flash done though so don't know about how decent the artists are for quality custom work or anything. I was happy with mine anyway, but like I said it was a straight forward enough design. Place was clean and bright and comfortable. 4 or 5 cubicals if I remember correctly. This was all about 7 or 8 years ago though. You really need to find out the names of the artists in there now and check out their portfolios.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

It is on Tolbot Street, above a €2 shop I think. It used to be above a camera shop on Gardnier Street.
    The place is spotless. I got my first tattoo there and it has held up perfect, no fading or anything. A lady from New Zealand did it, she may well be gone now. Its owned by Brendan Harte, one of the first tattooist in the city afaik. His nephew Wayne also works there, he is a very good artist from what ive seen.

The clientelle can be a bit ropey but that just because of the area they are located. They also have standards, they refuse to tattoo unless you have ID etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I've had a few done there. Its a very clean spot as already said.
    The work I've had done there was great. Staff were very friendly every time I went in.

Also brought my GF at the time in. She only had a vague idea of what she wanted so the artist went in back with her basic idea in mind and came out about 15 minutes later with a very nice design! For someone who was not overly into tattoos she ended up loving it and also said the staff were very nice.
    Never got the artists name though! :confused:

Just looked up the studio: http://www.dragontattoodublin.com/theshop.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

The GFs da got his done there, they're good and I've been in there meself place looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Haha, thats my uncles place, so obviously I think its the best around, Neil is Brens son and Dwayne is the nephew. One of the first in Dulin, been there as long as I've been around anyway and they are very clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Neil is Brens son and Dwayne is the nephew. One of the first in Dulin,
    First son or nephew in dubalin??? Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

seanybiker wrote: »
    First son or nephew in dubalin??? Fair play to him.

haha:D he was one of the first tattoo studios in dublin, along with Johnny eagles I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

got a large cover up on my back done by brendan three years ago and have to say it was a spotless studio and the work i got done still looks perfect

tommy

• Advertisement
Advertisement