Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change to new shuttle bus timetable

Options
  • 29-01-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Guys, i went over to the shop earlier and spotted a sign on our management company's window stating the the new shuttle bus timetable has been changed due to the roadworks taking place on the main street, which are causing a delay to the bus. It seems that all the buses are actually going to be running 5 minutes earlier than what is posted by Mikedragon in an above thread.

The new times are 5.45am, 6.15am, 6.40am, 7.10am, 7.35am and 8.15am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grey_newbie

There was no sign of the 7.40 train this morning and I ended up getting the 184 bus down to the station, did the feeder bus arrive in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

I get the 6:40 feeder bus in the morning and the 17:30 in the evening, both showed fine for me.

Any reason why we changed provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Muro123

The 8.15 bus this morning was late so when we eventually convinced the driver to open the doors at the library (as the lights were red) we all had to sprint to the Dart. Only half of us made it before the dart pulled off. Our old friend in Alpine Coaches (who's now out of a job) was always on time in the morning. Plus if the property management had their way we'd only have had 10 mins to make the train. They reset the original timetable planned after several complaints. Luckily they came to their senses. I'm hoping these are all teething pains for the new company and soon it will start getting us there on time (without having to run).

<snipped>

Mod note - this is not the forum for airing business grievances.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grey_newbie

to be honest I'm not fully in favour of the new timetable, I have reverted to driving to the station, I get the 8am train and the only available bus for this time is 7.35 which leaves me at the station at least 15 minutes early waiting in the cold, same story in the evenings, dart comes in at 6.20 and have to wait another 15 minutes for the bus... I know it is trying to facilitate the diesel aswell but I could spend up to a total of 30 mins a day at the station if I relied on the feeder bus

• Advertisement

That's a bit of a bummer. It makes the commuting day that bit longer. The 8.15 shuttle gives us 15 mins before the train departs which is OK if the lights are green and you don't have to buy a ticket. Twice this week I saw people on this bus miss the dart. Personally I preferred the old times too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there was supposed to be a bus at 0750 - was this just scrapped?

you could always try cycling - it not very far, its flat and there's a relatively good cycle lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

loyatemu wrote: »
    there was supposed to be a bus at 0750 - was this just scrapped?

you could always try cycling - it not very far, its flat and there's a relatively good cycle lane.

You are starting to sound like Gormley.:D

They've changed the 8.15 shuttle bus back to the original time of 8.10 as of today!

Advertisement