Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about an Irish Def Leppard gig

• 29-01-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I've been out of the country for a few years now, and I was going to come back around June 2009 for a Def Leppard concert but my plans got changed, and then I heard Lep cancelled their entire North American tour. Does anyone know if the Irish gig, it was supposed to be on the week they headlined Download, actually went ahead - and if so - does anyone have any YouTube links etc?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah it did, they played on the Friday before headlining Download on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Yep, played with Whitesnake, Journey & Tesla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

no problem with them playing the states last year, saw em in vegas in sept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Leppard cancelled the second leg of their US tour last year due to poor ticket sales. I remember at the time the media were speculating days before the announcement that the band were about to split up which was in the end complete rubbish. The 02 show was excellent and here's to their next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

rednik wrote: »
    Leppard cancelled the second leg of their US tour last year due to poor ticket sales. I remember at the time the media were speculating days before the announcement that the band were about to split up which was in the end complete rubbish. The 02 show was excellent and here's to their next.

I actually taught, looking at footage from the Download festival, they might have cancelled the tour because of problems with Joe's voice - it sounded pretty shot at Download from what I've found on YouTube

But yeah, let's hope they come back next year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement