Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal - Possibility of having Irish and UK Accounts attached

Options
  • 29-01-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi there,

Is is possible in paypal to have an Irish and UK Account attached to one paypal account, i.e. a uk paypal account?

I am trying to find the cheapest way of transferring money from a UK account to an Irish Account.

Any ideas?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I'm pretty sure the address on the account has to match the credit card billing address

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭muchos04

which account Homer, the paypal account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Yes, the Paypal account - fine if you have a UK Credit Card and an Irish Credit Card

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve - Paypal will take their cut one way or the other...

thanks Homer,

What i'm trying to acheive is the cheapest possible method of transferring money from my Irish bank a/c to my UK a/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

If you cant attach two accounts to the same paypal account, you could create two, one in Euro and one in Sterling.

Then deposit the money into the euro account and send it to the sterling account.

Make sure you deposit it into the paypal account first though, since if you send money from an empty account and it needs to be taken from a credit card or bank account you will get charged extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

jimoc wrote: »
    If you cant attach two accounts to the same paypal account, you could create two, one in Euro and one in Sterling.

Then deposit the money into the euro account and send it to the sterling account.

Make sure you deposit it into the paypal account first though, since if you send money from an empty account and it needs to be taken from a credit card or bank account you will get charged extra.

If using a bank account your bank will charge you to send money to a paypal account.

Not sure this will be a cheap options when you finished with all the charges.

Thanks Guys,

I was reading the paypal terms and they say Paypal don't charge to send or withdraw money if your bank account is linked to your paypal account.

There must be more fees than this though?

Advertisement