Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VGA to SCART cable

Options
  • 29-01-2010 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Would anyone kow anywhere in Galway that might stock this cable. Have already tried Maplins and DID with no joy. Can anyone help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Trying to connect a tv to a computer, eh?

I'm trying for the opposite, connecting a video surveillance unit to a monitor, when it seems to only want to take a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Would anyone kow anywhere in Galway that might stock this cable. Have already tried Maplins and DID with no joy. Can anyone help. :)

I think you'll have to make one :(

I know Dealextreme stock these, as do many net suppliers, but if you need one in a hurry, get the soldering iron out & hack one up from a VGA cable & scart plug.

Google vga to scart or vga to tv.

Guess you already considered the need to set the graphics card o/p to TV compatible frequencies & have something in mind (e.g., powerstrip for Windows or using modelines for Linux) to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Yeah. Have tried the scart and soldering iron trick but I failed miserably. Should have looked at the bloody connections on the laptop before I bought it. Time to upgrade the tv me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 macawalla

you cant just make up a lead to go from the vga to a scart. you need to get a unit called a scan converter to convert the vga to scart. even with this the video quality wont be great

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

maplin do stock them dont know if this is it exactly or will do it but i did see it (never used one) http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=37141

• Advertisement
Advertisement