Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stay with vodafone or switch to smart??

• 29-01-2010 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi gusy just need openion,
    i was with bt on 3mb and not switched to vodafone now. now i m thinking to move to some other company, i m not heavy on downloads (aprox. 50g to 70g/month max).
    since i m moved to vodafone i can hardely use voip and some time can't even open mailbox.
    would it be wise to switch to smart (options are very limited in my area).
    how speed like on smart?
    more reliable then vodafon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

vHOST wrote: »
    Hi gusy just need openion,
    i was with bt on 3mb and not switched to vodafone now. now i m thinking to move to some other company, i m not heavy on downloads (aprox. 50g to 70g/month max).
    since i m moved to vodafone i can hardely use voip and some time can't even open mailbox.
    would it be wise to switch to smart (options are very limited in my area).
    how speed like on smart?
    more reliable then vodafon?

I advise you to get eircom, - they do not enforce download limits, - I have a 3Mb line with a download "limit" of 30GB, but on average I download over 100 GB a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 vHOST

Thanks for very qucik reply but Standard Price: €51.78 for 3mb, and other hand smart 7mb 46.47

but i m not sure about quality and as i said i m not heavy on downloading (50 to 70 max was just rough idea my last year avarage was 25/month (two month was about 65gb.)
    I advise you to get eircom, - they do not enforce download limits, - I have a 3Mb line with a download "limit" of 30GB, but on average I download over 100 GB a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

If Smart unbundled is available in your area then its a no brainer to switch, bear in mind D(odgy)igiWeb took over Smart recently and has seen the dictatorial style of changes that go hand in hand with D(odgy)igiweb ownership. That said ADSL2+ is years ahead of ADSL used in most eircon exchanges although they have started coming into the 21st century recently (eircon).

• Registered Users Posts: 47 shamonemofo

Sure give smart a call and they will test the phone number from the exchange etc... if you can go with ADSL2+, you're on to a winner...
    Vodafone suck and Eircom do Equally... Eircom do enforce there caps.. i was unfrotuante enough to be charged... So your lucky mate!

Advertisement