Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clontibert GOLD

Options
  • 29-01-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Anyone know much about this. Its amazing that Monaghan of all places has the biggest gold reserves in Ireland and uk.

Are they mining it out now? or when do they plan on starting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Yes, it was amazing the last 5 or so times they "discovered" it in Clontibret too.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

I remember my granny talking about this before, that some people were up years ago checking it out, but the gold was low quality and it would cost loads to get it out, but now the value of gold has risen considerably, so they could look into it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭ronaldoshaky

Smcgie wrote: »
    Anyone know much about this. Its amazing that Monaghan of all places has the biggest gold reserves in Ireland and uk.

Are they mining it out now? or when do they plan on starting?

I wouldnt read much into that. haha. Clontibret is in the back of beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thlint

I have been in Monaghan close on 30 years and a gold mine is going to open here every year . I would not hold my breath.

Could you have guessed it a gold mine announced in Northern Standard for clontibret next year -- as usual announced every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

They can use it to get us out of this recession :p

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Heard about it a couple of years ago...I don't believe it...Probably there is some Chile miners or something in there

EDIT: 100th post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Why would you not believe it :confused:

http://www.conroydiamondsandgold.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Have been hearing about this since I was a wee nipper. Knowing Ireland and Monaghan, there's going to be two geriatric farmers who own 13 acres between them who will fight any gold mine to the very last.

Denerick wrote: »
    Have been hearing about this since I was a wee nipper. Knowing Ireland and Monaghan, there's going to be two geriatric farmers who own 13 acres between them who will fight any gold mine to the very last.

Interesting do you think this is holding the mine development up?

• Advertisement

Smcgie wrote: »
    Why would you not believe it :confused:

http://www.conroydiamondsandgold.com/

Good hear from the horses mouth -- Congrats on your new licenses -- Any chance of a job -- the young fellow is analyzing for coal in Brisbane as a job but prospects for gold as a hobby in NZ -- ;

thlint wrote: »
    Good hear from the horses mouth -- Congrats on your new licenses -- Any chance of a job -- the young fellow is analyzing for coal in Brisbane as a job but prospects for gold as a hobby in NZ -- ;

:confused: I think you mean well but I don't have a clue what your on about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Monaghanpeug

There probably is gold of some description there, low quality or whatever. But the present day announcements come in the form of updates to the London Stock Exchange. This company is a PLC. Every time that this exploration company announces that they believe the quantity of Gold is greater than initially thought the share price rises, surprise, surprise! I agree with earlier poster. My Mother can remember a "Gold Office" in Dublin Street approx 50 years ago. They were thinking about mining that time as well! There's gold in them er hills!
    P.S Conroy explorations have directors who are politicians!

Advertisement