Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Roaming / divert question

• 29-01-2010 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

I have an O2 phone thats my main phone and also a 3Pay phone

If I'm roaming with my 3Pay phone on another 3 Network (UK, Sweden Austria etc.) and I divert my O2 calls to the 3Pay number.
    Am I charged a normal divert cost, or an international divert cost?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks, ambrose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jonny ambition

In one of the three like home countries on 3pay (Austria, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, UK), you won't be charged roaming rates for calls, texts or data so it's the same back home.
    If you're diverting your calls from O2, you'll be charged standard rates for calling another mobile in Ireland.

Thats my interoperation of it but I may be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I have an O2 phone thats my main phone and also a 3Pay phone

If I'm roaming with my 3Pay phone on another 3 Network (UK, Sweden Austria etc.) and I divert my O2 calls to the 3Pay number.
    Am I charged a normal divert cost, or an international divert cost?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks, ambrose

You are charged the cost of the call from O2 to 3, that is all. Just as anyone calling you from Ireland would be charged or have their bundled minutes debited.

Last month I was in France: I diverted my GF's 3 contract mobile to my O2 IRL mobile which was in turn diverted to my British O2 number. Calls to the latter are free to receive in Europe. Result, no charge for her (calls came out of her minutes) and no charges for me (I have 50 minutes to foreign numbers on O2 IRL) which receiving calls in France.

Advertisement