Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odds for this years championship

• 29-01-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Long story short. I think that Vettel is an excellent bet at 13/2

Rumor has it that the Ferrari is off the pace. I dont think Merc will be there this year as they had to devote alot of resources to last years car.

I have a feeling it will be between Red Bull and McLaren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

Sounds like its worth a few quid. Still think the Mercedes Engines will be top pace tho this season and I reckon reliability will be up compared to last seasons shall we say less than perfect models. Particularly with a Mercedes works team (of sorts).

I'd be very interested to see how the renault engines fair this season. (:pac: sorry going slightly off topic there.) I'm still trying to decide who to throw the few tho. I just can't wait for the season to start :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

I think mclaren will be the team to beat for sure and in Hamilton they have a fantastic driver. But mercedes have schumacher so unless the car is a pile of crap he will be def be in the running (my money is on him).

It sounds like ferrari are in trouble not really surprised to be honest but i still think they could have a good 2nd half of the season once alonso finds his feet.

I actually didnt even consider red bull i guess the main reason been vettel isnt in the same league as schumacher/alonso/hamilton so the red bull would have to be a rocket for him to come into contention and i as i mentioned already i think the mclaren willbe the car to beat.

So i think it will be hamilton v schumacher and alonso with a couple of wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

enzo7 wrote: »
    I actually didnt even consider red bull i guess the main reason been vettel isnt in the same league as schumacher/alonso/hamilton so the red bull would have to be a rocket for him to come into contention and i as i mentioned already i think the mclaren willbe the car to beat.
    In your opinion! :D
    I'd rate him ahead of Hamilton overall, we'll give him a chance against Alonso, but Schumacher is a notch ahead of everyone since Senna.

Oh ya just my opinion:D.

Id have schumacher over anyone senna included. As much as i cant stand hamilton his well above vettel in my opinion:D. Webber is a fantastic driver but his no alonso or schumacher (or hamilton) so if vettel isnt able to consistently beat webber, what chance has he got against alonso/schumacher???? Thats just my theory. I think this season will tell alot i could be competely wrong about the guy and last year was just a minor blip and he might wipe the floor of webber:).

The reason ive so much faith in hamilton is the way he turned last season around , he really impressed me anyway. His always had the massive talent but you need more than that. He had a dread full first half of the season all his own doing!!! but he pulled himself together and came out fighting and he was def the driver of the 2nd half of the season for me. God im starting to sound like a fan:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

I wouldn't count Massa out either. He's the one websites leave out as they tend to only want to mention 3 or 4 drivers as contenders otherwise they'd bore the readers and they'll never leave out Hamilton and Button. Yeah mostly English websites.

Anyway if the these top names fight it out for the whole season, possibly causing incidents and other good TV the championship could end up with the guy who keeps turning in the podium results.

Just my 2c.

Looking like the best season in years is on the horizon though! Thank god!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Dorsanty wrote: »
    I wouldn't count Massa out either. He's the one websites leave out as they tend to only want to mention 3 or 4 drivers as contenders otherwise they'd bore the readers and they'll never leave out Hamilton and Button. Yeah mostly English websites.

Anyway if the these top names fight it out for the whole season, possibly causing incidents and other good TV the championship could end up with the guy who keeps turning in the podium results.

Just my 2c.

Looking like the best season in years is on the horizon though! Thank god!

Alonso will dominate Massa.

Also, in how many years? Did you find 2007 and '08 boring right to the end? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Im not big into the F1 but I have a passing interest.Im hopeing to watch a lot of races this year as Im planning on getting bbc and fta channels at last.Anyway would Alonso be a sound e/w bet at 4/1?

On paper alonso should beat massa but the same was said of his last team-mate. But ya id would think alonso will be fine.

I just want to forget 2008 amasing last race for sure but in general thought i was an average year over all. The most enjoyable part of 07 was all the drama at mclaren so ya was a brilliant year:D.

I can not wait for the season to get under way!!!!! Schuey V hamilton it promises to be a cracker hope it is:D

Im not big into the F1 but I have a passing interest.Im hopeing to watch a lot of races this year as Im planning on getting bbc and fta channels at last.Anyway would Alonso be a sound e/w bet at 4/1?

What is each way again? can you tell im not a gambler i usually send my bro in and tell him what i want. Is it top 3 finnish??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

enzo7 wrote: »
    What is each way again? can you tell im not a gambler i usually send my bro in and tell him what i want. Is it top 3 finnish??

Each way is backing a win and for them to be placed. It more than likely would be a top-three finish at 1/4 the odds for the F1 championship. €5 each way would be a total bet of €10 with less of a return for a win than a straight €10 bet and some return on a placed finish. Though if the driver is 4/1 it'll just be a break-even bet if he's placed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

With an each way bet you wont make any money on Alonso if he doesnt win the title. If you put a tenner each way you'll get 43 back. The each way will be 1/5(paddypower) of 10/3 whichwill return about 18 quid say including the stake of a tenner. To put the each way bet on will cost 20 quid so you lose 2 if he doesnt win the title. youre better off putting double the money on him to win the title.

Ah ok i only bet on someone to win the rare time i do, as i say not a gambler:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭shamrock321

Rumour has is Ferrari is off the pace?

After 2 days testing and Massa quickest on both days, far to early to say anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

Rumour has is Ferrari is off the pace?

After 2 days testing and Massa quickest on both days, far to early to say anything!

Maybe Ferrari we're trying to throw everyone of with fake rumors started by themselves:p

Still tho the only place it matters is the podium on race day.

Advertisement