Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new member - long time night watcher

Options
  • 29-01-2010 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi everyone

would like to say im delighted i found a forum that night watchers can talk to each other. im 21 & suffer from 3 sleeping disorders.

1 - the rarer adult pavor nocturnus - also know as night terrors
    2 - mild insomnia
    3 - delayed sleep phase syndrome

so if one doesnt keep me up the other will. :D i make light of it but its far from funny. my doctor/s never seem to be able to solve my sleep issues & so i go on watching the night sky im young yet but im learning to be able to get into patterns that help me function.

i cant work publicly because of it so i work from home with my own hours & time frames. although i do part time night work too (though i wouldnt class that as public work cause the public tends to be sleeping LOL :D)

anyone on here suffering the same problems ??? would love to make some friends who can understand what i have. espcilly the pavor noturnus as its quite rare id be delighted to hear from someone who can discus it with me (although i wouldn't me delighted they had it :o)

sarah

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Sorry, I just have mild insomnia to contend with. Thus the reason I choose to work third shift. For some odd reason I actually sleep better during the day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I just work at night sometimes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

I have huge amounts of trouble sleeping. Not sure if it's officially insomnia though. Must go get checked out some day actually. So I may not be great in discussion.

But on the upside, welcome to The Nocturnal Forum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I just come alive at night. It's quite bizarre and I don't know why, but while I'm functional during the day, give me the night and the creativity sparks and who knows what I'm going to get up to before I eventually snooze.

An old aquaintance used to have night terrors, though he seemed to couple it with sleep walking or something, or at least I gather he was more mobile than a person suffering from night terrors normally is... pretty scary because it seemed like he was awake and freaking out, it was only when we questioned him the next morning that he made mention of it. Pretty sure he's grown out of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭zainabc

fewcifer i have the same thing am fine during the day but come nite i come alive as wel :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I used to stay up late all night drinking and playing video games. That was my real problem.

Went out with a girl with some of your problems for a long time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

Fewcifur and zainabc, me too! glad I'm not alone on that :D.. I have insomnia at times too, but a lot of it is because my brain is so active at night..

Welcome Sunpearl, I'm new too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Fewcifur and zainabc, me too! glad I'm not alone on that :D.. I have insomnia at times too, but a lot of it is because my brain is so active at night..

Welcome Sunpearl, I'm new too :)

Sometimes I go to bed thinking "I have to get some sleep" or "I have to get up early" ... but when your brain is just buzzing with ideas etc, bah, it just seems like a waste. Too many nights are like Christmas Eve! Thankfully I've very little college hours this year and my dissertation lecturer actually encouraged us to start writing sprees at 2am if the mood takes us. Alright :)

Advertisement