Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

men

• 29-01-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi

im not sure if this is the correct place as its not a fear as such.

im extremely dis-trustful of men due to a clash i had when i was younger.
    ill spare you the details but im not afraid of men but i find i cant bring myself to trust them even an inch. any advice.

my friends keep telling me to get out there & find a nice guy im 21 quite normal & beautiful (so i have been told. LOL :D)

what can i do ? any advice ? & please no nonsense.

sarah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

One of my friends had a similar problem. Her therapist suggest ways to ease into dealing with men. For example - ask a man at the bus stop for the time. Little things like that to get you used to interacting with out fear.

But I would really I would recommend talking to a therapist. They will help you deal with your phobia in a constructive way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

a lot of guys seem to have the same problem with women. women are a lot more secretive and this feaks some guys out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

I'm not sure what happened with you and the men you had interaction with, but now all men are like that..

You just haven't found the right one.. also from personal experience, it's always best to test the water before jumping in.. so go at your own pace..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement