Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get Flash Diffuser online?

• 29-01-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

As above,

Where can i buy a Diffuser for my canon 430EX online. I need to order today to hopefully have it before saturday 6th Feb. Amazon wont ship this item to Ireland and can't find anything on the 7dayshop. Any other cheap suggestions please that people have experience with?
    My other option is going to that expensive shop on Clarden Street in Dublin and paying €29.99 for a piece of plastic.....:(

edit- I already have a milk bottle version but want something a bit neater

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I've bought some stuff from this ebay seller:
    http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/GreenLife-Style_Flash-Diffuser_W0QQ_fsubZ488667018QQ_sidZ669944988QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Shipping takes a couple of weeks (from Hong Kong) but they're fairly cheap & I've had no problems so far (bought some wireless triggers from them). Worth a look anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

^ thanks but I'm hoping to get something before Saturday 6th feb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Try kea photo here. If it dosn't come through in time you can borrow mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mark_Crowley

But I used an online shop call Jack The Hat in the UK. He is also on eBay. Sound chap and delivers StoFen diffusers as promised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I think amazon have them as well.

• Advertisement

oshead wrote: »
    Try kea photo here. If it dosn't come through in time you can borrow mine.
    Thanks for that. Ordered one and will keep fingers crossed
    Calina wrote: »
    I think amazon have them as well.
    Tried 3 different ones sold by amazon on behalf of a third party. None of them will ship to Ireland. Weird cos I bought my sigma 10-20mm from amazon last summer. This is only a piece of plastic....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If you dont get one give me a shout next week, should be in Dublin early on and I can give you a loan of one for that flash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I thought that Gunns have them in stock. It might be worth to call them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Im in dublin Wen 3rd can pick one up and post to you if u want ? PM me with details etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I picked up a stofen here;

Camera Exchange,
    South Great Georges Street,
    Dublin 2.

• Advertisement

Chorcai wrote: »
    Im in dublin Wen 3rd can pick one up and post to you if u want ? PM me with details etc
    I might take you up on that
    DK32 wrote: »
    I picked up a stofen here;

Camera Exchange,
    South Great Georges Street,
    Dublin 2.
    Do you mind asking me how much for? I'd ring, but its 11.50pm and i dunno if they open again until monday :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

As above,

Where can i buy a Diffuser for my canon 430EX online. I need to order today to hopefully have it before saturday 6th Feb. Amazon wont ship this item to Ireland and can't find anything on the 7dayshop. Any other cheap suggestions please that people have experience with?
    My other option is going to that expensive shop on Clarden Street in Dublin and paying €29.99 for a piece of plastic

I've a diffuser for the 420EX which should fit yours. I'll pop it in the post on Monday 1st and you should have it on Tues 2nd. When you're finished with it, send it back to me. I have your address already from earlier PM's.

I've a diffuser for the 420EX which should fit yours. I'll pop it in the post on Monday 1st and you should have it on Tues 2nd. When you're finished with it, send it back to me. I have your address already from earlier PM's.

7.gif
    Thanks a million for that!

Make sure you include your return postal address. I've already ordered a cheap one online but i dunno if will arrive in time. So that would really really be appreciated!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

How cool is boards eh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I've got both and the 420ex one doesn't fit the 430ex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Advertisement