Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to go on a monday nite. . for cheap!!

• 29-01-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just wondering where is the best place to go on a monday night, I used to always go to bondi but ive heard that bondi is now closed dwn because they let in underagers..! Is there any cheap nites..?wat about andrews lane theatre or buck whaleys..?wanna go somewhere new..!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sounds to me like a choice between two venues: LIDL or ALDI.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 20 booms mcd

coppers........*runs and hides*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Look at the flyers that are put around everywhere.
    Tribe (used to be burn, was bondi before that) in stillorgan just opened up again and are doing a student night on mondays, saw a flyer today.
    Don't know if it's any good.

Although do you want to go somewhere that they will let underagers in? I'm not sure where if that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

I checked coppers and its over 21's. . and i dont want to go somewhere that under agers can get in :P Theres no where good on a monday night anymore:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Eh, XXI's? Hate the place myself but it's always packed on a Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

coppers is a rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Coppers is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 newkidonblock

Coppers isthe best but 21s is cheapest:D

wherever you go try out the 8202020 party buses, only €3 each when youve 10 or more, into town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Apparently Tribe has €3 drinks tonight but they have not advertised the entry fee which means it is probably a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

10 quid to get into Burn (it'll always be Burn to me) is unholy. Keep your tenner and run around Stillorgan for the night. THAT's how **** Burn is.

• Advertisement

10 quid to get into Burn (it'll always be Burn to me) is unholy. Keep your tenner and run around Stillorgan for the night. THAT's how **** Burn is.

Burn's gone though. Tribe is a new venue in the same location. I'd prefer to go bowling anywho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

get a bottle of whiskey each and go for a walk, take a shot at each traffic light..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I know Burn's gone but 'Tribe' is prolly the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

The student bar does €3 pints on a Monday I think but I still don't believe that that outweighs the fact that it is a glorified shed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

The Student Bar is not a pub. It's a shed. It is dirty, the toilets are disgusting, the staff is rude and it is usually over priced. I have been to manys a pub and the Student Bar is by far the worst. Though why should they improve their standards when some folks would be willing to drink there even if it was a hole in the ground that dispensed alcohol! Personally I want Lonegans back, it was comfortable, the owner was a legend and it as great craic! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Lonnegans could well be back in a month or two... I agree with you though, much nicer pub, decent bit of grub available if you needed it as well, and the staff were bang on. Trinity's Pav is much nicer than the UCD student bar as well.

Red Alert wrote: »
    Lonnegans could well be back in a month or two... I agree with you though, much nicer pub, decent bit of grub available if you needed it as well, and the staff were bang on. Trinity's Pav is much nicer than the UCD student bar as well.

Shhh. . . don't say that out so loud. Trinity folk have been known to lurk around these parts

Advertisement