Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 20

• 29-01-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Saturday, 30 January 2010
    Deportivo La Coruna v Real Madrid, 21:00 - Live Sky Sports 4
    Espanyol v Athletic Bilbao, 17:00
    Sporting Gijon v Barcelona, 19:00 - Live Sky Sports 4

Sunday, 31 January 2010
    Atletico Madrid v Malaga, 18:00 - Live Sky Sports 1 (2nd half only:mad:)
    Getafe v Racing Santander, 16:00
    Sevilla v Valencia, 20:00 - Live Sky Sports 1
    Tenerife v Real Zaragoza, 16:00
    Valladolid v Almeria, 16:00
    Villarreal v Osasuna, 16:00
    Xerez v Mallorca, 16:00

Real Madrid travel to the Riazor without the suspended Cristaino Ronaldo hoping to end their 17 year winless streak in the former Galician capital. Barca meanwhile also travel to the North of Spain to face midtable Gijon but the game of the weekend is undoubtedly taking place on sunday night at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán were Sevilla will take on Valencia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

redout wrote: »
    Saturday, 30 January 2010
    Deportivo La Coruna v Real Madrid, 21:00 - Live Sky Sports 4
    Espanyol v Athletic Bilbao, 17:00
    Sporting Gijon v Barcelona, 19:00 - Live Sky Sports 4

Sunday, 31 January 2010
    Atletico Madrid v Malaga, 18:00 - Live Sky Sports 1 (2nd half only:mad:)
    Getafe v Racing Santander, 16:00
    Sevilla v Valencia, 20:00 - Live Sky Sports 1
    Tenerife v Real Zaragoza, 16:00
    Valladolid v Almeria, 16:00
    Villarreal v Osasuna, 16:00
    Xerez v Mallorca, 16:00

Real Madrid travel to the Riazor without the suspended Cristaino Ronaldo hoping to end their 17 year winless streak in the former Galician capital. Barca meanwhile also travel to the North of Spain to face midtable Gijon but the game of the weekend is undoubtedly taking place on sunday night at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán were Sevilla will take on Valencia.

Some very good games there... Depor vs Madrid should be a good match. Espanyol vs Bilbao also I reckon will be one to watch. Hopefully 3 more points for Bilbao... Sevilla vs Valencia is obviously game of the weekend. With Sevilla's recent form, I'd fancy Valencia to win.. Either way.. good stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Will the majority of the african players be back from ANC for the games this weekend? Could make a difference for Sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Will the majority of the african players be back from ANC for the games this weekend? Could make a difference for Sevilla

Yeah, sure Kanoute came on as a sub for Sevilla last night in the Copa del Rey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The campaigning to get Ronaldo off the hook has been farcical over here. Ramos was whinging the other day and it's really pathetic.

I look forward to the Depor Real match and Sevilla Valencia should be a real cracker too, though I've a feeling Valencia will win.

The campaigning to get Ronaldo off the hook has been farcical over here. Ramos was whinging the other day and it's really pathetic.

I look forward to the Depor Real match and Sevilla Valencia should be a real cracker too, though I've a feeling Valencia will win.

Madrid just dont understand defeat. The Spanish FA already dismissed the appeal but now Real Madrid have taken it further by now taking it to Spain's sporting disciplinary committee (CEDD) in a bid to have the ban overturned.

• Advertisement

Espanyol lineup:
    CRISTIAN ÁLVAREZ; CHICA, VÍCTOR RUIZ, PAREJA, DIDAC; BAENA, JAVI MÁRQUEZ; LUIS GARCÍA, VERDÚ, CALLEJÓN, OSVALDO

Athletic Bilbao lineup:
    IRAIZOZ; IRAOLA, USTARITZ, AMOREBIETA, KOIKILI; GURPEGUI, ORBAIZ, ITURRASPE, YESTE; TOQUERO, LLORENTE

Link: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=63187&part=sports
    or http://iraqgoals.net/5625-espanyol-vs-athletic-bilbao-.html

2145960713mundoemotiincmy8.gifFC Barcelona lineup:2145960713mundoemotiincmy8.gif
    Valdés; Puyol, Piqué, Márquez, Abidal; Xavi, Sergio B., Iniesta; Messi, Ibrahimovic, Pedro

Bench: Pinto, Maxwell, Chigrinskiy, Milito, Touré, Bojan, Henry

Ibra goal ruled offside.

Good call.

Goal............

1 - 0

Pedrito

Deportivo lineup:
    Aranzubia; Laure, Colotto, Lopo, Manuel Pablo; Juca, Antonio Tomás, Juan Rodríguez, Pablo Álvarez, Valerón; Adrián

Real Madrid lineup:
    Casillas; Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, Albiol, Marcelo; Xabi Alonso, Granero, Guti, Kaká, Benzema, Raúl

No Guardado or Filipe for Depor spells trouble in my opinion. Raul returns to the Real lineup in part because of the injury to Higuain and suspension of Ronaldo

• Advertisement

Barca move eight points clear at the top and all the pressure now on Real to respond against Depor in the Riazor. Barca in fairness looked out of sorts tonight. The finishing was quite poor though they were never in any real danger of conceding.

Goal...........

1 - 0

Granero

Goal...........

2 - 0

Benzema

Guti provided the assist by way of backheel!

Great stuff. Looks like Real's 17 year winless streak at the Riazor could be coming to an end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Nice back heel from Guti to set up Benzema for the second goal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

redout wrote: »
    Great stuff. Looks like Real's 17 year winless streak at the Riazor could be coming to an end.

Booooo :(

I've always enjoyed that statistic more than them closing any gap to Barcelona. No matter how much they spent, how many Galacticos they had, when they played there or how well Depor were doing they couldn't win. I think it took Raul 10 years between goals to score there..

I am literally banging my head against the wall as regards Benzema. It is easy to see why Pellegrini has Higuain ahead of him in the team. Bar his goal tonight into an empty net he has contributed sweet fa! His passing has been poor, not sure sure how many times he has given the ball away, he doesnt seem to raise his head when running with the ball and at times he reminds me of Berbatov just strolling around with no interest. Earlier he won the ball in midfield and Madrid hit them on the Break. Benzema proceeds to charge forward with the ball keeping his head down not becoming aware of teammates in support. Kaka or Raul was in yards of space to his right yet Benzema ends up running into a wall of Depor defenders just short of the box. A simple lift of the head and Real are in for a near certain goal. It is for reasons like this that Pellegrini chooses to leave him on the bench and I really couldnt blame him. I am thankful United didnt take him because he just doesnt seem up to it at the top level as yet. He is still young and has time on his side though I wouldnt bank on Madrid keeping patience.

Goal..........

2 - 1

Riki (Peno)

Goal..........

3 - 1

Benzema

Poor goalkeeping on show. That should never have gone in. A very soft goal to concede considering Depor just got themselves back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Atletico Madrid lineup:
    De Gea, Ujfalusi, Perea, Domínguez, Antonio López, Simao, Tiago, Camacho, Jurado, Ibrahima, Forlán

Bench: Asenjo, Juanito, Cabrera, Valera, Raúl García, Reyes, Agüero

Malaga lineup:
    Munúa, Manu, Wellington, Iván González, Jesús Gámez, Toribio, Javi López, Duda, Benachour, Fernando, Caicedo

De Gea preferred to Asenjo again. Man Citys Caicedo leads the Malaga attack.

Link: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=63195&part=sports
    or http://iraqgoals.net/ch1.html

2nd half is live on Sky Sports 1

• Advertisement

Goal...........

1 - 0

Duda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I've been sick in bed the past few hours so I never got to comment on the Barca match last night. In the first half Abidal was actually amazing, he has some ridiculous amount of pace, Henry has previously said Abidal is one of the fastest players he's ever played with, wouldn't surprise me.

Also, in the second half Xavi stole the show, he is literally the benchmark of what the metronomic midfielder should be. Some of his through balls were the best you could possibly see, definitely the best midfield pivot that I've ever see play the game. He is so composed on the ball too, love that man.

On the result - not the most impressive performance, but a clean sheet, another goal for Pedrito, and another 3 points. It's great to see Guardiola turning Barcelona into such a capable defensive unit, no team in world football can hold onto the ball aswell as us.

Also, Madrid's win at the Riazor is absolutely huge, it's that kind of result that could spur them onto an excellent run, and ultimately a game that could decide where the league title goes. Exciting stuff, Real really do look a good outfit, and will be a force to be reckoned with over the next few seasons both domestically and in the CL.

Sevilla lineup:
    Palop; Adriano, Stankevicius, Escudé, Fernando Navarro; Zokora, Renato, Navas, Perotti; Kanouté, Negredo

Valencia lineup:
    César; Miguel, David Navarro, Alexis, Bruno; Albelda, Marchena, Pablo Hernández, Silva, Mata; Villa

I cant wait for this one!

No Ever Banega :(

Bench: Javi Varas, Marc Valiente, Romaric, Duscher, Lolo, Capel, Fabiano

Bench: Moyá, Dealbert, Baraja, Vicente, Zigic, Chori Domínguez, Banega

The word is Luis Fabiano is fine and that Manolo Jimenez is resting him for the Copa Semi-final midweek! I really dont get that but sure with Kanoute and Negredo they have plenty up front.

Goal...........

1 - 0

Negredo

Goal............

2 - 0

Negredo again

Brilliant lob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Negredo, the man who almost joined Hull!

Classy player, I like him.

Goal...........

2 - 1

Navarro

Well that defeat for Valencia has confirmed the title race as a two horse race.

Real have an eight point lead over Valencia in 3rd whilst Barca hold a thirteen point lead.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Sevilla's second was full of win. Beautiful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Johner wrote: »

Guti probably bottled the shot:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Atleti were atrocious yesterday. Malaga came to defend and counter and they did it perfectly. I can't get my head round how poor Atletic were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Atleti were atrocious yesterday. Malaga came to defend and counter and they did it perfectly. I can't get my head round how poor Atletic were.

I agree we were terrible,

Probably down the fact we have played 6 games in the last 16 days... And playing almost a full strenght team in all of those matches. Thats bound to take its toll on any team.

Champions league qualifying is probably out of reach, so only makes sense to concentrate on the Copa del Rey as a final spot will probably get us a Europa League place.... :)

Advertisement