Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your baby have a soother?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kia123

Never used one with my little one.. tbh I saw it as something else I would have to wean her off when she got older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭tuom

Mine are grown and flown now and when my first was born we gave him a soother after he had to have an operation at 6 weeks, he really liked the soother ( I mean really liked it ), we then had two girls none of whom would take the soother and one of them was very colicky :mad:.

I was constantly being told that I should not have given him the soother that it was very bad and would ruin his teeth. Well he did keep the soother until he was 7 (gasp gasp I hear you all,) only at night as he hid it under his pillow, he had to throw it away when he made his communion and that he did.

He is 30 now and has perfect teeth, however the girls needed the ortodontist , one for quite a lot of work .

I think it really depends on the child, parents and the situation you find yourself in , my self I would stick my toe in their mouth if it shut them up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My guy is 3 and still has it at night and when he is upset. I dont see the harm in it. i have a 4 year old that stopped taking his after he turned 1 and a 10 year old that first had hers at 2 (to stop her from breast feeding) and she got rid of it at 5. ( i didnt breast feed the other 2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mynydd

I've never given my child one. However, I read somewhere (can't remember how reputable) that not giving a bottle fed child a soother can be cruel as their natural sucking instincts are not satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We tried our little lady with a soother but it just made her gag which I was quite pleased about cos I didn't want her to have one, especially not while I'm still breastfeeding

• Advertisement
Advertisement