Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann cutbacks to affect Donegal

Options
  • 29-01-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

Just lifted this from a thread in Commuting and Transport:

Route 490/487/491/494 Ballybofey/Letterkenny/Strabane
    Re-organisation of local network of services that will see routes altered and some reduction in frequency.

See website for more details etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi,

Any cutback in services will disadvantage the community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Just lifted this from a thread in Commuting and Transport:

Route 490/487/491/494 Ballybofey/Letterkenny/Strabane
    Re-organisation of local network of services that will see routes altered and some reduction in frequency.

See website for more details etc.

I sympathise with anyone affected. However, the vast majority probably won't notice any reduction in service: no service reduced by 100% still amounts to the same thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

I think its a disgrace as I use these services quite often. However, I don't see that services on these routes which are been used are going to be cut. In my opinion it will be primarily off peak services that are going to be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

A Bus Eireann service which was used by school pupils in St Johnston to get to school in Raphoe and other areas will not be available from next Monday. The Derry to Stranorlar route is being changed, to travel via Newtowncunningham and Letterkenny instead.

from Highland Radio news story.

Advertisement