Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacketstown Road in bits after works.

Options
  • 29-01-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

This road (between new relief road and bennekerry) was dug up before Christmas and some water pipe was put down. Afterwards they put down new tarmac but it's uneven and full of potholes already. Even the access points to the pipe are uneven. Seriously Bob the builder would have done a better job. Can't believe the council would hire this crowd and let them do such sh1t work! Anybody know who I can complain to?

Rant over, feel better now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Last night there was 2 sets of traffic lights and guys in hi vis jackets walking around with hands in their pockets. I presume they are going to take a look at it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

lucylu wrote: »
    walking around with hands in their pockets. .
    lol. That must have been the council wondering if the budget was going to allow for another layer of tarmac.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Can't believe the council would hire this crowd and let them do such sh1t work! Anybody know who I can complain to?

Are you certain they were working for the council, it could have been a private job? Many public and private companies can dig up the road so long as they reinstate it to it's former condition. Unfortunately there is very little enforcement so it's often cheaper for them to skimp on many jobs and run the risk that they might have to redo a few.

BTW, I thought it was a gas pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Are you certain they were working for the council, it could have been a private job? Many public and private companies can dig up the road so long as they reinstate it to it's former condition. Unfortunately there is very little enforcement so it's often cheaper for them to skimp on many jobs and run the risk that they might have to redo a few.

BTW, I thought it was a gas pipe.

No, to be honest I don't know if they were working for the council but if it's to do with water its usually the council. The reason I didn't think it was gas was because CLG usually do gas work and they do a good job putting the road back together..

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

I pass that road twice a day, i have a feeling the works are still ongoing. Hopefully when they are really finished they lay down new tarmac.

• Advertisement
Advertisement