Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Tours (The best one)

Options
  • 29-01-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone could give me some advise, which of the Dublin bus tours would you recommend? Was thinking of doing the Red (hop on hop off one). Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Don't think many of us living here did those tours. I did one with a visitor - think it was the red one, but then again I think we could use two lines with the same ticket. But at the end of the they probably are basically all the same and it depends on you and what you prefer. Live comments...different languages...route...fun (splash tour)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 els27

There is not much of a difference between the two of them. But you can't use the ticket for both, it's either red or green. They do the same route and stops and price is the same too, and both tickets are valid 24 h from time of purchase.
    You can get the ticktes on the bus.
    I think the green one is run by Dublin Bus and the red bus is dualway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The one with the live commentary, not the tape.
    I can't remember which is which, but I've done both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Both of them are pretty much the same. And as mentioned above, one with a 'live' tour rather than the recording would probably be best, however, it depends upon the individual guide. Some are better than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

Any Nitelink bus in the early hours of Sunday AM.

The most hilarious bus 'trip' you'll ever have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Definitely take the one with the live commentary (green bus). If you have a good driver/guide, he will leave you in stitches several times across the route mainly because of observations about bad driving and passers by :D

I took it twice when I had friends over from abroad and was lucky to have a good one both times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I always liked the look of the north coast and south coast tours
    http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/northcoast.aspx

Advertisement