Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romanian cuisine. Cooking a dish for a Romanian Friend.

Options
  • 29-01-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I’m hoping to cook a Romanian dish for a friend of mine from Romania.

I was kind of hoping to cook an Irish dish with a Romanian twist, or vice versa.
    I'm not thinking of serving a meal, but instead something I can put in a casserole tuber ware bowl etc.

Would anyone have ideas on what would be considered good Romanian cuisine?

Or what dish would be considered a nice traditional offering…
    i.e. if I was in another country and someone served wild irish salmon, I’d think “wow beautiful, thank you”, however I got served cabbage and bacon, I think “mmmm interesting, thank you”. :o

I’m not being mean, but you know what I mean ;)

So would anybody have ideas on special Romanian/ Eastern European dishes?

Thanks in advance Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Difficult question to answer and at the risk of offending any Romanians out there, Waitrose have a feature on paprika in their Food Illustrated Magazine. Many of the recipes are from the region - Romania/Hungary. The recipes refer to Hungary mostly, have a look and maybe someone else could advise on the finer points of Romanian cooking.

Transylvanian Bean Soup

Hortobagy Pancakes

Lecso

Paprika Chicken

And there is a thread on goulash in the Cooking Club.

Advertisement