Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity Brownout in Greystones

Options
  • 29-01-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Anyone else suffering from a brown out? The power in Charlesland and Burnaby Park has dropped about 16.15 today. Most electrical items still have indicator lights working but will not function when turned on. House lights will only work very dimly.

Trying to contact ESB and will update with any news.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Run DMC

ESB confirm major electrical fault in Greystones area. Engineers are enroute. No idea of timeframe yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

anyone experiencing a power surge. It's weird. Lights have all gone dim. Anyone know anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I spoke to them about 15 minutes ago, they said they'd dispatch engineers call me back if there were any difficulties. Not sure what I can do if they do encounter difficulties, I'm rubbish with electricals!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Power back! :)

Didn't know what to do with my self for the few hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I was walking back from the shop with the dog when the electic went off fully... and my god the amount of alarms going off.... enough to make you go mad..
    I've never ever seen such a concentration of house alarms in one area..
    Maybe it was these that over loaded something..!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

I was walking back from the shop with the dog when the electic went off fully... and my god the amount of alarms going off.... enough to make you go mad..
    I've never ever seen such a concentration of house alarms in one area..
    Maybe it was these that over loaded something..!!

You do'nt need a power cut to set off the alarms in Charlesland there are a load of idiots in the Wood that set off their alarms most times that they leave their house ,and again when they return home.:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Anyone's Water gone to a trickle after the power outage? Looks like the pump isnt working in our apartment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Yes i lived in Sea Mount in Eden Gate for a year and when the power went it took hours for the water to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ruby2

Hi..I’m in an apartment in the Wood and also have only a very low trickle from cold taps since yesterday evening. Anyone know if this is something to do with power/pumps after the outage, or is this Wicklow Co Council reduced the pressure??? Can’t find any info re this - mgmt company don’t seem to have any other queries logged about same – so wondering if it is a specific prob to my apt..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

the apartments would have most water pumped through the system...I take it the power to the pump has gone.

1. Check your hotpress to see if the light at the fused switch in the Hot press is on

2. If not, check your fuse board for any tripped switches

3. If all is fine there then the fuse in the Hot press is most probably blown.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Hi,
    Changed fuse in hot press no difference. These pumps are known for going during power outages.

I have texted Fred to see if he can come look at ours on Monday.

Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Radio|Man

The low voltage took out my laser printer :( I unplugged everything once I came home, but the damage must of already been done. Dammit !!

Advertisement