Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you call on clock in this case?

Options
  • 29-01-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭

ok so this happened in the Aussie millions main event studio table over the week. It was just before the end of day 2. There was about 6 minutes left of play for the day and the TD on duty announced that regardless of the clock each table would play 5 more hands that day, effectively pausing the clock. Then a hand developed on one of the tables that involved a long delay in someone's action as he thought about his move. Clock was called on him and the usual procedure was followed.

Now my question is that if the clock has been paused indefinitely can or should clock be bale to be called on a player?

Another example might be if it was hand for hand just before the bubble and the clock was paused during this period...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

mormank wrote: »
    Now my question is that if the clock has been paused indefinitely can or should clock be bale to be called on a player?

Another example might be if it was hand for hand just before the bubble and the clock was paused during this period...

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect hands to play out in a reasonable amount of time regardless of whether or not there is a clock running. E.g. players can (and do) call clock at a cash table.

I think it would be "bad form" to call clock in such situation (especially if it's a tournament life decision) but really if you can't make a decision inside of (for example) 5 minutes then I see nothing wrong with calling for the clock.

In hand for hand it's a little trickier because you are in fact holding up action for the entire tournament. I have no issues with calling clock after a reasonable amount of time here either.

This is just my interpretation though. I don't think there is anything clear cut in any of the rule sets to cover these (presumably) rare situations.

Advertisement