Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul food Dublin

Options
  • 29-01-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    I'm trying to find a good soul food restaurant in Dublin dose anyone know of anywhere? I'm looking for that kind of deep south,big mamma's house style place. surely there has to be somewhere around??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved from F&D. You may get some suggestions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Unfortunately, nothing of the sort in Dublin. A friend of mine was looking to set up one a few years ago but the cost of suitable premises scared him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Soul Food?

thesimpsons-devilandhomersimpson_1162263663.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Do you mean Cajun or Creole?

There's this place:
    http://www.tantezoes.com/

Can't stand the place though.... the manager was insanely rude to me in there one day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

There's this place:

Can't stand the place though.... the manager was insanely rude to me in there one day.

Looks fairly pricey too for food that isn't the fanciest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Canjun/Creole and Soul food are not the same though there are some similarities.

Soul Food

If you can get hold of Jamie Oliver's American Road Trip Episode 5, that would explain it clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

There's this place:

It used to be a good spot. Change of management over a couple of months ago and it wasn't as good last time.
    Was this recently?

Few years back.

Went there once and the service was very good... so went along and brought some others the second time only to get very crabby service from a girl who topped it all off by grossly over charging on the bill... She finally conceded but I didn't like her attitude one bit so I asked to see the manager and she said she was the manager... so there you go.. ha.

This was all on a Saturday afternoon too... so there was no drink taken on board or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Are we even allowed to use that phrase these days? :D

• Advertisement

Did you see this photo on the Wiki page?

800px-Roscoe%27s_Waffles_and_Chicken.JPG

That does not look healthy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Hi,
    I'm trying to find a good soul food restaurant in Dublin dose anyone know of anywhere? I'm looking for that kind of deep south,big mamma's house style place. surely there has to be somewhere around??

Like a KFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Did you see this photo on the Wiki page?

800px-Roscoe%27s_Waffles_and_Chicken.JPG

That does not look healthy!

Sure doesn't, according to wiki old traditional soul food was typically very high in fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Sure doesn't, according to wiki old traditional soul food was typically very high in fat.

It gives those women a ba dunk a dunk dunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I had soul food in Tennessee a few years back

macoroni&cheese is a vegetable lol, had some black eyed peas, meatloaf and some strange malt drink, They have a different menu every day. the next day was pigs feet for main course.

meatloaf was pretty cool, the black eyed peas were just ok :D

oh and biscuits & grits with gray are very tasty!

Advertisement