Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

He is pushing A Cole close for being unpopular

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Christ I love see your girlfriends and wifes !!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

girlfriends and wifes !!!
    Hey, I'm not John Terry!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hey, I'm not John Terry!

i could have sworn;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

event wrote: »
    there is also more to the story supposedly, which i doubt will be posted here

Aye, he allegedly got her pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

JT is the MAN and what a legend he is also.:D

Aye, he allegedly got her pregnant.
    That's what I heard, but if Bridge only broke up with her the december just gone, surely it'd be difficult to tell who did it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Cionád wrote: »

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    makes little difference tbh i think. I'm single now for about 2 months and if one of my buddies pulled something on my ex there would be hell to pay. Still incredibly incredibly stupid and selfish.

tbh i definately dislike Terry more then Ashley Cole, Terry is almost everything Cole is, but is a bully on top.

It doesn't say in the article that she was with Bridge at the time and you'd assume with the rags they'd definitely point it out if it were true.

Also it makes a huge difference. You might be pissed if someone sleeps with your ex but I'd assume you'd be more pissed if they slept with your bird.

All he did is cheat, not that big of a deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭rednik

He will always be popular in my mind as I think back to that rainy night in Moscow 08.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Bubs101 wrote: »

He is only England captain who is suppose to lead by example along with being an inspiration and role model for kids all over the country but sure as you say no big deal :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

It doesn't say in the article that she was with Bridge at the time and you'd assume with the rags they'd definitely point it out if it were true.

Also it makes a huge difference. You might be pissed if someone sleeps with your ex but I'd assume you'd be more pissed if they slept with your bird.

Terry is the parent of twins. He's betrayed the trust of his best friend. He's let himself and his club's image down badly. Oh and he's not exactly a poster boy for his perfect disciplinary record either. He's cheated before and with the 9/11 incident etc I cannot see how he's getting out of this with his head held high.

I think what bubs is tryng to say, in terms of football relationships, if Bridge wasn't with your one, it isn't as bad

I think what bubs is tryng to say, in terms of football relationships, if Bridge wasn't with your one, it isn't as bad

In fairness its still extremely bent IMO. Completely out of order.

Kirnsy wrote: »
    Oh I agree, but it makes it less of a football issue

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

Agree but if you think about it, Terry is into his gambling and big into the social scene and even though he shouldnt have done it, he's the kind of person you wouldnt put it past.

No offence intended Chelsea fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm single now for about 2 months and if one of my buddies pulled something on my ex there would be hell to pay.

Bro's before hoes tbh

• Advertisement

Terry is not captain material. On the pitch no doubt he meets the requirements but off it he fails miserably.

The role off captain does not end once you leave the field. Its a 24hr job which comes with huge responsibility.

He is both his club and countries most recognisable high profile player who is required to lead by example. Sadly he falls a long way short.

Des wrote: »
    Bro's before hoes tbh

Exactly, But I wouldnt say the two of them were all buddy buddy if you know what i mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Oh and would just like to add Ashley Cole is a legend. I hope you mean Andy Cole.. Even if it is just for this

redout wrote: »
    Terry is not captain material. On the pitch no doubt he meets the requirements but off it he fails miserably.

The role off captain does not end once you leave the field. Its a 24hr job which comes with huge responsibility.

He is both his club and countries most recognisable high profile player who is required to lead by example. Sadly he falls a long way short.

Its not the first time he had been under the pressure of the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

On a kinda-related note, I never knew Frank Lampard was doing your Northie one off The One Show. It's all spoiled for me now. I can't think of her in the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

stovelid wrote: »
    Northie one off The One Show.

Name plz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Terry is the parent of twins. He's betrayed the trust of his best friend. He's let himself and his club's image down badly. Oh and he's not exactly a poster boy for his perfect disciplinary record either. He's cheated before and with the 9/11 incident etc I cannot see how he's getting out of this with his head held high.

Would you give over ffs.

Some guy screwed some chick whilst in a relationship, boo fookin hoo. :rolleyes:

Des wrote: »
    Name plz

Christine Bleakley.

Lazy git, I had to go and search for it. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm surprised in that I thought Terry was an English sports media darling and that they've gone after him in particular, World Cup or not...

Also surprised that a gagging order 'drama' is placed by a very well-known player - all the hype and speculation last time it happened was ultimately over Garry Flitcroft

He is only England captain who is suppose to lead by example along with being an inspiration and role model for kids all over the country but sure as you say no big deal :rolleyes:

Bollox. He's not supposed to be an inspiration to kids. He's supposed to be a strong centre back and that's what he's paid for by his club. Kids choose their role models, they aren't pressed upon them. If kids are impressed by his bravery, teamwork and passion then they'll copy him like that. You aren't going to score your friends ex because JT did it. As a Chelsea fan i couldn't give a **** who he ****s. He's one of the best captains I've ever seen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Bollox. He's not supposed to be an inspiration to kids. He's supposed to be a strong centre back and that's what he's paid for by his club. Kids choose their role models, they aren't pressed upon them. If kids are impressed by his bravery, teamwork and passion then they'll copy him like that. You aren't going to score your friends ex because JT did it. As a Chelsea fan i couldn't give a **** who he ****s. He's one of the best captains I've ever seen
    This, well said Bubs.

If we were discussing a similar incident in the 60s, 70's or even the 80s, we'd be getting all misty-eyed about what as character he was.

Adultery and other transgressions don't make you a worse captain on the field even if they make you a tit off it.

And as for "The Kids", they'll be more upset about England bombing out of the World Cup without their best players than what those players do in the private life.

He is a disgrace to the armband for his club and even more so his nation.

He is a disgrace to the armband for his club and even more so his nation.

Why? When has he ever disgraced the club?

Do you consider Guardiola a disgrace to the game of football for failing a drugs test at Brescia or could you not care less? I think I know the answer and drugs in sport is 100% times worse than anything Terry's done

Do you consider Guardiola a disgrace to the game of football for failing a drugs test at Brescia or could you not care less? I think I know the answer and drugs in sport is 100% times worse than anything Terry's done

Guardiola had his name cleared completely.

Terry has let himself down. As a captain of a club you are the most public representative of the club so any sort of off field trouble can reflect on your club. Added to the fact it was his close friend AND former team mate its not great publicity for Chelsea.

Multiply x10 when England captain.

• Advertisement

Charges he was cleared of on two seperate occasions?

Great example :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

same oul debate no matter who the famous sportsperson is:
    IF they get caught out at this behaviour, they are a disgrace and should be taken out and shot, and they dont realise that they are role models to the kids who want to do everything they do etc..my hole in fairness.

if he was out on the streets collecting money for the people of Haiti, the media wouldnt go near that story as it wouldnt sell half as much tabloid rags, and the bleeding kids sure as hell wouldnt be putting down the wii remotes and pick up the nearest bucket and following his lead.

what he or any other sportsperson gets up to in their personal life should be their business, we all have lives to lead as do they once they leave the pitch, fire away as far as im concerned..just dont get fookin injured!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Captain of a team,
    you don't sleep with a member of that teams wife.

You're not a good captain if that's how little you give a **** about your team mates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There's a number of players worthy of the armband in the England squad. Rio/Gerard/Rooney/Beckham.

If you treat a member of your national team like that then you should not be wearing the arm band, no question!

its all alleged at this moment in time is it not?
    he is as human as us shower. he can make a mistake as easily as any one of us, armband or no armband.
    let he is without sin cast the 1st stone and all that jazz.

papagormo wrote: »
    he is as human as us shower. he can make a mistake as easily as any one of us, armband or no armband.
    *throws stone*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

There's a number of players worthy of the armband in the England squad. Rio/Gerard/Rooney/Beckham.

If you treat a member of your national team like that then you should not be wearing the arm band, no question!

Didn't Rooney bang a load of prostitutes when he with Coleen? I guess that rules him out for the armband. :(:eek::confused::rolleyes:

*throws stone*

lier!:D

papagormo wrote: »

Alleged ? are you for fcuking real ?

He has his solicitors get a "super injunction" to block it going public

MPs aswell as lawyers kick up a fuss about how wrong it was so the Judge reverses his decision and lifts the injuction yet you think its all alleged :rolleyes:

If you didnt even read the article then how the **** are you even in here arguing about something you dont even fully understand ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

WAGs before slags.

Alleged ? are you for fcuking real ?

firstly, ease up on the tone towards me yeah?
    secondly i asked the question "its all alleged IS IT NOT?"
    i DID NOT state that it was all alleged good bad or indifferent, i questioned it.SEE THE DIFF?
    and thirdly, yes i did read the article thank you very much, im not on here defending his actions, if u read my earlier post u will see that i pointed out that all im saying is EVERYONE makes mistakes, including sportspersons, PERSONALLY i feel their private life should remain private, im not bothered by what they get up to off the pitch.

And finally, i havent a notion continuing this rather pointless arguement with you any further.
    good luck to you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

If kids are impressed by his bravery, teamwork and passion then they'll copy him like that.

Brave,passionate teamwork....I think we have a roasting scoop right here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

mayordenis wrote: »
    Captain of a team,
    you don't sleep with a member of that teams wife.

You're not a good captain if that's how little you give a **** about your team mates.

Bloke with penis

Your not a good bloke if you screw one of your work/mates ex/girlfriends.

Your not a good bloke if you have sex with a hot chick who is/was with your work/mate.

This sensationalist shíte is more from those magazines that famous people sell their wedding pics to.It has fook all to do with with football and should be in personal issues if indeed JT started the thread. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

he was running his own enterprise giving tours of stamford bridge and training grounds for 10grand a pop.
    then he betrays his wife and friend. it might not be any of our business but everybody knows about this and talking about it and surely its going to effect morale at a club and at international level. they know what their captain 'mr chelsea' is capable of.

Johner wrote: »
    Didn't Rooney bang a load of prostitutes when he with Coleen? I guess that rules him out for the armband. :(:eek::confused::rolleyes:
    Was Coleen an ex of his teammate? No.
    Was Rooney a stupid teenager? Yes.

Seriously, if you can't see the difference then I'm not going to waste my time with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No doubt about it he's a great footballer, centerback and leader on the pitch. He's just a shit person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

_44678818_terry_pa_270.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Was Coleen an ex of his teammate? No.
    Was Rooney a stupid teenager? Yes.

Seriously, if you can't see the difference then I'm not going to waste my time with you.

I can see the difference alright, I don't really care who is the England captain to be honest but Terry is a brilliant captain on the pitch.

Song for it already,

To the tune of "London Bridge"

"Mrs Bridge is going down, going down, going down
    Mrs Bridge is going down
    On John Terry"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

the job of the England captain is not just an on pitch job as everyone knows, he must be seen to be among other things, strong, brave and honorable.

like it or not, he is the guy the kids idolise and want to grow up to be

his actions do not fit in with what is expected of such a high profile position

How can the lads on the team be led into battle by a man who would dip his wick in one of their missus as soon as their back is turned

Johner wrote: »
    I don't really care who is the England captain to be honest but Terry is a brilliant captain on the pitch.

Firstly that ^ doesnt make sense considering the fact he is England captain and secondly it has been pointed out in this thread several times already that the job of captain does not stop once you leave the pitch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement