Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

He is pushing A Cole close for being unpopular

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

15538409.jpg

:pac::pac::pac: to those who say they would not

Her strike force is not as flat here as on other photo;)
    That's because she's pregnant in that photo, you sick, sick man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

If I need to point out what is wrong here, then god help this forum.

On topic, the lad should have his captaincy removed for the simple reason that he will have lost all decency and respect among his peers. Most captains will lead their team, be friends with everyone on the squad (even the subs who'll never, ever play) and be a bridge to bond the team. A man who sleeps with his friends women is not the kind of man with the capacity to do such a thing. On top of that, there are far more favourable players in the squad to take up the role. People who could also win the hearts & minds of the English fans, which is as important as binding the team at this stage.

Well, who could be captain that would have more respect....
    Gerrard.........puches people in bars ( no respect)
    Rooney.........curses constantly at refs and liable to get sent off (no respect)
    Rio.......fails drugs test ( no respect)
    Terry......allegdeg affar with team mates missus ( apparently no respect )

Tht leaves lamps then ( in great from and all):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The outrage from some people on this thread is pretty funny.

I dont give a **** what Terry gets up to in his personal life

And Bridges missus is far hotter than JT's fwiw.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Well, who could be captain that would have more respect....
    Gerrard.........puches people in bars ( no respect)
    Rooney.........curses constantly at refs and liable to get sent off (no respect)
    Rio.......fails drugs test ( no respect)
    Terry......allegdeg affar with team mates missus ( apparently no respect )

Tht leaves lamps then ( in great from and all):D

wow you really post some ****e

he did not fail a drugs test, get it right.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    wow you really post some ****e

he did not fail a drugs test, get it right.

oops , sorry he failed to turn up for it ( a bit dodgy tbh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

No, because she was'nt waynes missus at the time

and how do you know ? The papers say they dont know how long the affair was actually going on for. They only say that they believe up until december it was still going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

oops , sorry he failed to turn up for it ( a bit dodgy tbh)

Yeah - and i'd be careful about saying he has no respect - you're likely to get a visit from his good mate Fiddy Cent (now theres a man who knows his bros from his hoes ;) )

redout wrote: »
    and how do you know ? The papers say they dont know how long the affair was actually going on for. They only say that they believe up until december it was still going on.

Fair point, but how to you know that she was his miisus at the time.

to be honest if terry was bonking bridges missus when they were still toghether then thats a disgrace but other wise all terry is guilty of is an affair which is not serious to be honest, happens all the time. the point is that we d'ont know for sure so why all the calls for terry to be stripped of captaincy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I've locked this thread, I'll reopen it in a few hours when people have relaxed a bit and stopped resorting to stupid personal insults. Also, if you despise this thread MUSEIST I can ban you from it if you want, that way you don't even have to bother reading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Reopened, let's all try and get along lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

team bridge ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Headshot wrote: »
    team bridge ftw

Tevez is a very trusting little fella isn't he. Could heva been anything written on that t-shirt for all he knew. Someone should hand him a "Gary Neville is a hero" t-shirt and tell him its in support of Bridge for the next match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

flahavaj wrote: »
    Tevez is a very trusting little fella isn't he. Could heva been anything written on that t-shirt for all he knew. Someone should hand him a "Gary Neville is a hero" t-shirt and tell him its in support of Bridge for the next match.

I'm sure he's capable of reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm sure he's capable of reading.

Not English actually, no.

Seems the majority of newspapers and pundits all agree he must step down and not put Capello in the position to sack him.

Reports the wife has taken the kids and gone to Dubai. It says she is looking for a divorce. SSN: Reckon Gerrard is favourite to take over the captaincy should Terry lose it. Capello aint expected back in England until thursday so we could hear something then unless he jumps beforehand.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Reports the wife has taken the kids and gone to Dubai. It says she is looking for a divorce. SSN: Reckon Gerrard is favourite to take over the captaincy should Terry lose it. Capello aint expected back in England until thursday so we could hear something then unless he jumps beforehand.

After the shocking season Gerrard has had I cant see him being the number one replacement , but that aside he has proven to be a good leader over the seasons,

If it were to go on form alone you would have to pick Rooney, He has had a cracking season so far and would not be afraid to put someone in there place or bark out orders on the pitch.

I would still like to see Terry keep it , showed at the weekend that nothing seems to faze him and he will always give 100% to the game.

Form does not decide a captain in fairness.

Rooney should be nowhere near the England capataincy and this is coming from a United and England fan.

also, can the thread title be changed for something relating to Terry. Its nothing to do with Cashley and should really indicate that its all things Terry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Form does not decide a captain in fairness.

Rooney should be nowhere near the England capataincy and this is coming from a United and England fan.

Fair enough ,

IMO form has to come into the equation,

If not then Rio Ferdinand(If not injured) should be a shoe in for the Captains armband as it was between himself and Terry in the first place .

Fair enough ,

IMO form has to come into the equation,

If not then Rio Ferdinand(If not injured) should be a shoe in for the Captains armband as it was between himself and Terry in the first place .

form comes into the equation only with the 3 who are genuine candidates imo, one of which is NOT rooney.

Between Rio, Lampard and Gerrard should anything happen at all.

• Advertisement

After the shocking season Gerrard has had I cant see him being the number one replacement , but that aside he has proven to be a good leader over the seasons,

If it were to go on form alone you would have to pick Rooney, He has had a cracking season so far and would not be afraid to put someone in there place or bark out orders on the pitch.

I would still like to see Terry keep it , showed at the weekend that nothing seems to faze him and he will always give 100% to the game.

I wouldnt give it to Rooney.

He already has enough pressure on his shoulders for England.

He isnt captain material anyway. At least not until he stops picking up stupid bookings.

I dont think Terry can stay on as he will obviously have lost the respect of some of the England dressing room. How can he lead them if some of the squad dont respect him ? It just wouldnt make sense for him to be kept on. I reckon he is gonna be gone one way or another. None of his England teammates at Chelsea have spoken up for him to stay as England captain in fact has any member of the England squad spoken in support of him ? Not to my knowledge. He has the press and tv pundits against him. Basically the majority of those asked an opinion have said he should resign and try rebuild his image. Shearer is the only one I heard of who said wait until he talks to Capello.

I wouldnt give it to Rooney.

He already has enough pressure on his shoulders for England.

He isnt captain material anyway. At least not until he stops picking up stupid bookings.

I dont think Terry can stay on as he will obviously have lost the respect of some of the England dressing room. How can he lead them if some of the squad dont respect him ? It just wouldnt make sense for him to be kept on. I reckon he is gonna be gone one way or another. None of his England teammates at Chelsea have spoken up for him to stay as England captain in fact has any member of the England squad spoken in support of him ? Not to my knowledge. He has the press and tv pundits against him. Basically the majority of those asked an opinion have said he should resign and try rebuild his image. Shearer is the only one I heard of who said wait until he talks to Capello.

I think he can ,

Let be honest about it , he has not murdered someone, being caught on drugs , or even drink driving !

Unfortunately what has happened is common place in todays society.

I dont think he will have lost the respect of the dressing room, you want the best man for the Job and he has well proven his credentials on the pitch.

The moral outrage on here is biased in a lot of cases ,

I was out yesterday and the whole situation was the subject of a lot of jokes throughout the day.

The general consensus was as long as he does the business on the pitch no one really cares, this will all blow over in a few weeks.

I dont agree with what he has done what so ever , I just dont feel that it is as big a footballing deal that it is being made out on here /media.

The reason I feel that teammates have not come out and said anything is that they dont want to be caught up in someone else's business, especially since both Bridge and Terry are keeping quite on the whole situation.

By the way I am a Chelsea fan so my view maybe somewhat biased but I dont feel it is.

Fabio will have the final say and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No, because she was'nt waynes missus at the time, so I doubt bridge gives a **** tbh.

?

You're either a child or have just never had an adult relationship.

She's also the mother of bridges child, but tbh that only adds to something which would still have been very poor form without it.

Seems the majority of newspapers and pundits all agree he must step down and not put Capello in the position to sack him.

Why should he step down?

He is a great captain and footballer and that's all the matters imo.

His private life is a mess, so fcuking what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

form comes into the equation only with the 3 who are genuine candidates imo, one of which is NOT rooney.

Between Rio, Lampard and Gerrard should anything happen at all.

With Rio constantly injured and Gerrard in the papers earlier in the season for something much worse than Terry, I guess that leaves Lampard. Not a bad choice in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Why should he step down?

He is a great captain and footballer and that's all the matters imo.

His private life is a mess, so fcuking what.

England's captain is alot different than any club captain

your representing your country, your suppose to lead the way. Can Terry look into the eyes of his team mates and justify his captaincy, I dont think so.

Terry is a superb player but a bad role model and stabs his friends in the back, im sure Bridge has alot of friends in the England set up and they'll be alot of unsettling because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

your representing your country, your suppose to lead the way. Can Terry look into the eyes of his team mates and justify his captaincy, I dont think so.

Terry is a superb player but a bad role model and stabs his friends in the back, im sure Bridge has alot of friends in the England set up and they'll be alot of unsettling because of this.

This.

How can people here be so blind to the obvious potential ramifications?

This could turn players in the England squad against him.

Of bloody course he should step down as captain. The job entails setting an example on and off the pitch and he has fallen short dramtically.

He should do himself a favour and step down, thus not forcing someone to chop him!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

got to laugh at the burnley fans chanting 'same ol terry always cheating'.

I'm not sure if it can be ignored, would you line up beside someone that porked the mother of your child and gladly have him as your captain. Also Bridge seems like a nice guy and would probably have as many friends as 'the big man'. Granted he probably doesn't do guided tours for back handers or park in disabled parking spaces but not all pro's can be prize winning twats.

Wasn't this girl and Bridge broken up when Terry was with her? If so, it's only his own family he has hurt?

I know that he's a role model for some kids but so are rock stars who drink and take drugs to excess. Not the same I know but the point I'm making is it's their private life.

Did you think any less for Rooney doing the dirt on his missus? I doubt it once he bangs in the goals for united.

Don't get me wrong, it's disgusting what he has done but I think to lose the captaincy may be over the top. But that's for Capello to decide.

Paddy Power have him at 4/7 to lose captaincy and 5/4 to keep it if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Wasn't this girl and Bridge broken up when Terry was with her? If so, it's only his own family he has hurt?

I know that he's a role model for some kids but so are rock stars who drink and take drugs to excess. Not the same I know but the point I'm making is it's their private life.

Did you think any less for Rooney doing the dirt on his missus? I doubt it once he bangs in the goals for united.

Don't get me wrong, it's disgusting what he has done but I think to lose the captaincy may be over the top. But that's for Capello to decide.

Paddy Power have him at 4/7 to lose captaincy and 5/4 to keep it if you are interested.

so you would see nothing wrong with nobbing your mates baby mamma?

Rooney did not nob any of his mates or teammates exes

there are rules like! you dont do your mates ex generally, you definitely dont do her when she has his kid!

there is still no sure date for when the affair began and/or ended so we dont know if they were together or not, its shady either way and i am sure he has lost a few players in the dressing room, but as i said, unless there is a revolt i cant see him losing the captaincy, hope he does though

Edit: to make it even simpler, if you had a mate and he had a child with a girl, do you think it would upset him to find out you had dipped your wick in, regardless of when it was?

kryogen wrote: »
    so you would see nothing wrong with nobbing your mates baby mamma?

Edit: to make it even simpler, if you had a mate and he had a child with a girl, do you think it would upset him to find out you had dipped your wick in, regardless of when it was?

I wouldn't do it though I know someone who is going out with a friend's ex. No big deal.

Dip the wick in a mate's girlfriend = punishable by death.

Dip the wick in a mate's ex-girlfriend = not something that I'd encourage but to lose the captaincy of your country for it? Harsh imo.

As I said, it's Terry's family that suffers the most in this. And Terry's pocket of course !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I wouldn't do it though I know someone who is going out with a friend's ex. No big deal.

Dip the wick in a mate's girlfriend = punishable by death.

Dip the wick in a mate's ex-girlfriend = not something that I'd encourage but to lose the captaincy of your country for it? Harsh imo.

As I said, it's Terry's family that suffers the most in this. And Terry's pocket of course !

Your missing the point.

Firstly we dont know the dates of when it transpired so no need to speculate whether she was an ex or not.

Secondly, can you not see how this could undermine his authority in the dressing room? Players could quite easily turn on him and side with Bridge (and rightly so)

There is no doubt that his role as captain should be questioned.

Iolar - "LOL @ the whiter than white 'pool and utd brigade,you would swear both are the supreme definition of morality"

Im not judging him at all, but how you cannot see how this will compromise his position in the England dressing room is beyond my comprehension.

Your missing the point.

Firstly we dont know the dates of when it transpired so no need to speculate whether she was an ex or not.

Secondly, can you not see how this could undermine his authority in the dressing room? Players could quite easily turn on him and side with Bridge (and rightly so)

If she wasn't his ex see my last post. It's a completely different scenario then.

On your second point, these guys are professional. They may hate each other and what they do in their private life but on the field these things get forgotten about.

There'll be a few in the dressing room with their own moral issues from the past and probably a few from the present too if dug deeper.

In five months time some other poor fcuker will be tabloid news.

If Terry captains England to a world cup win the News of The World will probably run a campaign to have him knighted.

Time is a healer as the saying goes. Not many talk about Beckham, Rooney or Cole doing the dirt anymore. Football fans are fickle.

I'm not a fan of Terry at all, never have been. He seems to have a bit of a sel destruct button off the field that's for sure.

Might have something to do with having a drug dealing father and a shop lifting mother.

If she wasn't his ex see my last post. It's a completely different scenario then.

On your second point, these guys are professional. They may hate each other and what they do in their private life but on the field these things get forgotten about.

There'll be a few in the dressing room with their own moral issues from the past and probably a few from the present too if dug deeper.

In five months time some other poor fcuker will be tabloid news.

If Terry captains England to a world cup win the News of The World will probably run a campaign to have him knighted.

Time is a healer as the saying goes. Not many talk about Beckham, Rooney or Cole doing the dirt anymore. Football fans are fickle.

I'm not a fan of Terry at all, never have been. He seems to have a bit of a sel destruct button off the field that's for sure.

Might have something to do with having a drug dealing father and a shop lifting mother.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the point about whether she was an ex or not cause I think its irrelevent. You dont bang the mother of your teamates child.

The players are human and this is a serious issue. Its easy to say they are pro's and will just get on with it. Terry holds a senior position in the squad. He is an authorative figure for the players. He will have lost both respect and power now that this has come to light and therefore his position as captain is now compromised and I think he will get the chop.

• Advertisement

Iolar wrote: »
    LOL @ the whiter than white 'pool and utd brigade,you would swear both are the supreme definition of morality:rolleyes:

what does that have to with anything? if i support Norwich am i allowed have an opinion? maybe your in the wrong place pal

Your missing the point.

Iolar - "LOL @ the whiter than white 'pool and utd brigade,you would swear both are the supreme definition of morality"

Im not judging him at all, but how you cannot see how this will compromise his position in the England dressing room is beyond my comprehension.

Well it seems that the players have not turned on him , if you are to believe what you read in the papers :eek:

Go Team Terry ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2834829/Stars-sign-up-for-Team-Terry.html

the Sun is a very good source alright

Well it seems that the players have not turned on him , if you are to believe what you read in the papers :eek:

Go Team Terry ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2834829/Stars-sign-up-for-Team-Terry.html

So whats happens the boys not on team terry ?

They dont go to South Africa ?

Reckon he will step down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

LOL @ the whiter than white 'pool and utd brigade,you would swear both are the supreme definition of morality:rolleyes:

What's the title of this thread?

He's done something that most people feel is unforgiveable - he cheated on his wife. With the mother of his mate's kid.

We've all done bad things, he happens to have done something bad, while being a wonderfully dislikeable fellow into the bargain.

Whether he's píssing on dancefloors, taking the píss out of 9/11 or bringing people around Chelsea's he's done enough to earn his unpopularity.

Finally, I'd always be of the opinion that what someone does in private should be their own business, but what he's done does have an effect on the team. It's easy to forget the impact of teamwork, of a common bond, trust, etc. This could prove divisive. Certainly not want Ingerland will want in the build up to a WC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I wasn't aware the conduct of my team's players affected my right to have an opinion on someone when they've behaved like a c***. A pretty weak post there.

kryogen wrote: »
    the Sun is a very good source alright

Well there is my point ,

All these reports are , including the original story are coming from "a very good source " type of paper , who just hype the story till its very last to sell more papers.

Them type of papers were good enough for all when JT was getting slated but there deemed to be unreliable when he seems to be getting the backing of his team mates.

Ah well.

So whats happens the boys not on team terry ?

They dont go to South Africa ?

Reckon he will step down.

Well there has not been a single player in the England camp to come out and criticize him or demand he resigns the captains armband and now there is rumors of the support of senior players.

Shock horror ,

IMO most of the England team want to be in with the best chance of wining the world cup, moral values dont seem to be an issue at the moment .

Although in saying that the rumors on Chelsea chat last night were that he has already offered to resign.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I wonder if a regular person is demoted in their job if they cheat?

This role model crap is annoying too. Kids aren't going to go out and cheat because Terry did. He is a great leader and a top centre half, should keep the armband. England's loss if he loses it. Not alot to do with football either, should move this to the celeb forum :pac:

Well there has not been a single player in the England camp to come out and criticize him or demand he resigns the captains armband and now there is rumors of the support of senior players.

Shock horror ,

IMO most of the England team want to be in with the best chance of wining the world cup, moral values dont seem to be an issue at the moment .

Although in saying that the rumors on Chelsea chat last night were that he has already offered to resign.

Try read a more reputable paper in fairness.

The Times and Guardian are a better source than the Sun and I havent seen a "Team Terry" mentioned in either.

John Terry 'Given Leave To Save Marriage'

Reports suggest England and Chelsea captain John Terry will miss his club's forthcoming FA Cup match so he can spend Valentine's Day with his wife.

Terry's wife Toni reportedly flew to Dubai following claims the footballer had an affair with the former partner of his England teammate Wayne Bridge, Vanessa Perroncel.

It's claimed 29-year-old Terry has been given compassionate leave by Chelsea to join his wife in Dubai, where she is staying with the couple's three-year-old twins.

Chelsea have refused to comment on the reports.

If Terry was allowed to travel to Dubai, he would miss the team's FA Cup fifth round match against Cardiff City on February 13.

The footballer has woken up to more headlines about his private life this morning.

He is alleged to have had a four-month affair with Miss Perroncel, 28. It's also claimed the England captain paid for the lingerie model to have an abortion.

Publicist Max Clifford says Miss Perroncel has been offered £250,000 to sell her story to the tabloids.

Mr Clifford says the model is "upset" by thoughts of how Terry's wife and her former partner Bridge might be feeling following the reports of the affair.

Speaking on GMTV, Mr Clifford said: "She speaks to Wayne all the time and obviously she is upset because he is upset.

He added: "She's obviously upset because of the kind of way that Toni must be feeling, and she's not happy really that a close friend of hers, possibly - I'm hoping to find out who it was - has betrayed her nationally in such a horrible way."

The Football Association says the decision on whether Terry remains as England captain will be made by manager Fabio Capello alone.

Sky reporter Nick Pisa, who is in Chiasso, Switzerland and spoke to Capello as he recovers from knee surgery, said the manager is "mulling over" the decision.

He said: "Mr Capello is aware of the reports about Terry's private life, and will make a decision on the captaincy when he returns to England later this week."

He added: "The FA says this is Capello's decision to make, but I would expect him to speak to others about the matter, given the importance of his decision."

Sports Minister Gerry Sutcliffe said at the weekend he would ask the FA to explain its position on Terry.

Mr Sutcliffe said if the allegations were proven, they called into question Terry's role as England captain.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti was quick to support the footballer.

"He is captain and he will be captain," Ancelotti said. "The players never lose their trust in him."

Terry earns £170,000 a week at Chelsea, and is believed to be worth around £20m.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/John-Terry-Reports-Suggest-Star-Will-Miss-Chelsea-FA-Cup-Match-To-Spend-Valentines-With-His-Wife/Article/201002115540313?f=vg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

All the focus appears to be on the England captaincy, but what about his place in the squad itself?

Surely there is no way Wayne Bridge and John Terry can work together now, and it will have a horrible effect on the squad as they prepare for the World Cup if there is a nasty split atmosphere in the camp.

One of them will have to go, and should Wayne Bridge be the one who loses his berth in the England set up because the team captain was banging the mother of his child?

TERRY OUT!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

spockety wrote: »
    All the focus appears to be on the England captaincy, but what about his place in the squad itself?

Surely there is no way Wayne Bridge and John Terry can work together now, and it will have a horrible effect on the squad as they prepare for the World Cup if there is a nasty split atmosphere in the camp.

One of them will have to go, and should Wayne Bridge be the one who loses his berth in the England set up because the team captain was banging the mother of his child?

TERRY OUT!
    Ha! Imagine they were stupid enough to do this. They'd be sending Bridge on his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CHD wrote: »

This role model crap is annoying too. Kids aren't going to go out and cheat because Terry did. He is a great leader and a top centre half, should keep the armband. England's loss if he loses it. Not alot to do with football either, should move this to the celeb forum :pac:

It isn't that he simply had an affair, it is that he had an affair with a team mates girlfriend or ex-girlfriend.

He betrayed the trust of a player he is supposed to command the respect of, and trust of. He will most likely have alienated a part of the squad too.

I wouldn't see him dropped from the team, but he should be in a position where he is to represent the players, if they don't respect him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

CHD wrote: »

Your average joe on the street now, but thats not comparing like with like. On the other hand, figureheads and people in positions of power and leadership do often hand in their resignations if they disgrace themselves in their private life. Often because their continued involvement would bring a negative impact to their former organization.

• Advertisement
Advertisement