Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

He is pushing A Cole close for being unpopular

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

eagle eye wrote: »
    No I don't have any links but iirc it involved a former teammate from the youths who was still great mates with the Nevilles, Giggs and Beckham. One of the rags broke the story and claimed that Giggs was going to be sold for big money because the Nevilles and Beckham had blacklisted him or something like that. I can't remember the details but it all blew over very quickly and Giggs was never given anything like the treatment of Terry.

Indeed - but i don't think it was Giggs. I remember the story, but I don't think it was an actual player that was doing the cheating, I think it was a mate of a player. Either that or it was with a friend of Neville/Beckhams girlfriend, but not someone who had played at the club. Can't remember fully as it has been a long time since I read about it.

The story is also linked in to the story about Fergie accidently kicking the boot into Beckhams head, apparently the 'real story' is that the affair incident came to blows and Giggs punched Beckham. No link to back it up, but read on a number of sites from people some would consider to be ITK.

However, it would be a different case anyway.

Giggs was not the United captain - Terry is the England captain and supposed to be the players representative. His actions have put pressure on that role with England. At the moment I'm not saying he should be stripped of the Chelsea captaincy or expelled from the national side altogether - just stripped of the england captaincy. The difference with the Giggs case, if there was one, is clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

redout wrote: »
    Hadnt thought of this before but seemingly all four men in charge of this situation are Italian (Mancini, Capello, Ancelloti, Baldini). Its a rather odd coincidence and I wonder will they all share the same view. Several of the early morning papers seem to reckon Capello could keep Terry on as captain.

Well if Berlusconi can get away with it, an English yob can too :)

They probably should strip him of the captaincy, but keep him in the squad, let him win the fans back over after being taken down a peg or two, but, I doubt Capello has the 'fortitude' to do that. Everywhere he goes now, he will be subject to ridicule, he is a thoroughly unpleasant human in all ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Think the hounding Capello got by the British media yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace. Terry should have resigned before the story was broke. When are England next playing at home? Cant wait to see the "fans" reaction to Terry! The reporters on Sky should be embarrassed the way they are carrying on youd swear it was 9/11!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

TBH the media attention surrounding this whole thing is ridiculous. To have the story of a soccer player having an affair making the front pages of daily newspapers highlights the sort of braindead gossip culture we now live in. Anyone that buys the sort of crap like the Daily Mail, Sun or whatever needs their head examined. Who cares who he slept with.

Should he keep the captaincy - what difference does it make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Warper wrote: »
    Who cares who he slept with.

Wayne Bridge.

Toni Terry.

Just for starters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Tis funny how its mostly United fans who care and a Spurs fan too :)

Capello should just ask the players, if the majority say keep him then keep him. His job is to deliver a WC, he can do that without Bridge. When Terry nods in a important goal for England he will be a hero again til the EPL season starts. Why anyone really gives a fúck I dunno, so what if he is England captain I guarantee most of them are at it and AFAIK Bridge has played away too. Yet again the English media create a shítstorm and everyone plays along. Shouldn't insult yourselves in such a way.

Terry will still play the same and lead on the pitch whether captain or not.
    Bridge is no loss.
    Half the squad are probably cheaters.
    Its the English team why do you people care?!
    Terry is dumb enough to let all this go over his head, I bet the biggest issue in his mind now is what to have for breakfast.

Well Played retarded English media again. Maybe they can totally ruin there team and dig up dirt on some other key players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

CHD wrote: »

Capello should just ask the players, if the majority say keep him then keep him. His job is to deliver a WC, he can do that without Bridge. When Terry nods in a important goal for England he will be a hero again til the EPL season starts. Why anyone really gives a fúck I dunno, so what if he is England captain I guarantee most of them are at it and AFAIK Bridge has played away too. Yet again the English media create a shítstorm and everyone plays along. Shouldn't insult yourselves in such a way.

Terry will still play the same and lead on the pitch whether captain or not.
    Bridge is no loss.
    Half the squad are probably cheaters.
    Its the English team why do you people care?!
    Terry is dumb enough to let all this go over his head, I bet the biggest issue in his mind now is what to have for breakfast.

Well Played retarded English media again. Maybe they can totally ruin there team and dig up dirt on some other key players.

People who support English clubs naturally have a vested interest in English football.

Ush1 wrote: »
    People who support English clubs naturally have a vested interest in English football.
    I don't see why people would care who leads the English team out and will be lifting any possible trophy first. Terry will still be the leader on the pitch whether he has a armband on or not.

Wayne Bridge.

Toni Terry.

Just for starters.

Bridge had broken up with her ffs.

The wife fair enough but footballers have affairs all the time, including a few on the starting england XI.

It's the usual bs from the english media.

But, who can blame them, brainless souls people are obviously buying the papers.

CHD wrote: »

I know at least one other Spurs fan who has commented on-thread, but if that's a reference to me I'd like to clarify that I couldn't give a fúck who he's been nobbing, I just wanted to point out that there are at least two people who have good reason to feel differently.

I think it's hilarious that the red tops are killing themselves to undermine England's World Cup hopes, as they always do. Gives me something to giggle over.

As for Mr Terry, I've always thought he was a deeply objectionable human being who is prone to regular bouts of cúntish behaviour, so I'm not surprised by any of this.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bridge had broken up with her ffs.

And his "mate" JT provided a shoulder for her to cry on right after the split, not forgetting he was very pally with her when Bridge moved to Citeh.

If one of mates started nobbing the mother of my child weeks after I'd split with her I'd be a bit put out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Terry has arrived at Wembley to meet with Capello who is already there.

We should know something shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

SSN saying he's been dropped as captain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

nelson-muntz.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ssn earlier today, Gerrard 10/11 to be captain, rooney 7/2 and rio 6/1! straight down the bookies! Rio! Rio! Rio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The inevitable biennial Summer English self-inflicted implosion begins a little early this year I see.

Gotta love them.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article7035687.ece

Chelsea to hit Ashley Cole with record £400,000 fine

Ashley Cole is facing a £400,000 fine from Chelsea after recent headlines heaped further embarrassment on the sleaze-hit club.
    There is considerable anger in the boardroom at Stamford Bridge over Cole’s alleged behaviour and a determination to punish the England left back severely after reports yesterday that he deliberately misled senior club officials into covering up a sexual liaison on last summer’s pre-season tour to the United States.
    Cole will be called in to face Ron Gourlay, the chief executive, this week and asked to give his side of the story in the wake of allegations that he smuggled Ann Corbitt, an American local government worker, into his room in the team hotel in Seattle and then denied that the incident took place as he sought to keep it from his wife, Cheryl, the Girls Aloud star.
    Only last Wednesday Gourlay addressed Chelsea’s entire first-team squad to remind them of their responsibilities to protect the club’s image in the light of recent scandals involving Cole and John Terry, the captain.

Chelsea view this latest indiscretion as the most serious because Cole, 29, has been accused of lying to his employers to cover his tracks. On the basis of Cole’s denial, Steve Atkins, Chelsea’s head of communications, advised Corbitt on how to keep the story out of the newspapers in a series of e-mails, details of which were published yesterday. The board has given its full backing to Atkins because it believes he acted in good faith.
    Chelsea are determined to send out a message that no one at the club is untouchable. Cole has already been fined £200,000 after it was alleged last week that he took Vicki Gough, a Liverpool secretary, into the team hotel before matches away to Hull City and West Bromwich Albion last season, and some senior figures at the club want that amount to be doubled. It would be a record fine imposed on a Premier League player by his club.
    Under rules agreed with the Professional Footballers’ Association, the maximum a club can fine a player for a disciplinary breach is two weeks’ wages, but because Cole is accused of several misdemeanours, the club want to hit him with multiple punishments.
    Chelsea will also investigate allegations that several other women were taken back to the team hotel in a club minibus after a night out with players in Seattle last July.

Cashley was clearly getting ticked off that his crown as the biggest tosser in football might be taken off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Jesus...

Gets better by the minute. Must be something in that blue jersey... :rolleyes:

Seriously: Great players on the pitch. Scumbags and cheaters off it. Nuff said, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

And he has this at home;

Cheryl-Tweedy.jpg
    cheryl-cole.jpg
    cheryl-cole18.jpg

Just so, so wrong.

• Advertisement

Maybe she withholds sex or something...

But my God... What an idiot......

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    And he has this at home;

Not for much longer, I suspect. Him and JT can go on dogging sessions in the carparks of West London.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Not for much longer, I suspect. Him and JT can go on dogging sessions in the carparks of West London.

She'd be an idiot of the highest order to stay with him. She could have any man she wanted.

DazMarz wrote: »
    She'd be an idiot of the highest order to stay with him. She could have any man she wanted.

She clearly has some inferiority issues to begin with. He's always been a c***.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

tbh, i can understand the lad, i dont advocate cheating on your wife or anything, but he has got literally hundreds of women throwing themselves at him on a regular basis, sometimes even though you have a nice tasty steak in the fridge at home you just cant say no to that take away pizza!

(playing devils advocate can be fun)

Cherly can cry on my shoulder anytime she wants also

This is good news really. Instead of my chance of getting with Cheryl being 0% they are now ~0.02%.

That is some increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Celebrity and Showbiz. That way.

Celebrity and Showbiz. That way.

Which way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Which way?

<
    Take a left at religeon, straight ahead past Mustard and keep an eye out for Burlesque and Cabaret.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

It's just flashed up on BBC that Wayne Bridge has made himself unavailable for England. Obviously because of this big scandal he has given up his world cup dreams

Advertisement