Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GARCIA PLAYS KYUSS DUBLIN FRI 28TH MAY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Mushy wrote: »
    My god this is so close. Currently downloading a Roadburn bootleg, shall get me fired up for it. To the promoter...do you know what time John hits stage at? I really hope I'm not working that night.

Was wondering the same meself, gotta be elsewhere earlier that evening so I wanna make it in just before he starts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Darkside events

Caco wrote: »
    Was wondering the same meself, gotta be elsewhere earlier that evening so I wanna make it in just before he starts!

Right so
    Doors 7:30
    Howlin widow 8:00
    Garcia plays kyuss 8:45

THE BLITZ ON PHANTOM TOMMRROW NIGHT FRI (14TH ) 10 TILL 12
    HALF HOUR KYUSS SPECIAL :) WET THE CHOPS !!

Nice one, thanks!

14 tickets left for this get in there !!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

14 tickets left for this get in there !!!!!!:D
    I took one of the last 2 in Sound Celler, could have took the other one, but I ain't that cruel. :)

• Advertisement

Sold out now !
    next week for some savage tunage:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Misfit Mum

Right so
    Doors 7:30
    Howlin widow 8:00
    Garcia plays kyuss 8:45

Cheers, so excited for this!! Friday can't come quick enough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

On tonight yo!

Get in early for Howlin Widow.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Really been looking forward to this. I'm totally ****ing destroyed from work though.

I'm sure this'll wake me up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Well that was F*cKing savage, was great to see so much of ...and The Circus played live. Rodeo was a real highlight for me. ROCK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Awesome stuff....couldn't get enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

That was brill! Crowd was really into it, I love to see people rocking out. I think I lost most of my body weight in sweat from dancing and jumping and head banging! Gotta say, I loved John's sexy Latino dance moves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

That was savage! That crowd surfin dude half knocked me out when I tried to catch em, I robbed one of the bass players plecs. It was gas watchin the lads scramblin on the stage for a anythin Kyuss :D
    In the words of Jacques "its ****ing hot in here!," ..scraic with the air conditioning in that joint?!
    Howlin Widow were class :) its a real pity I couldnt understand your man with the accent on em, haha.
    And finally, thats probably the best pit/crowd Iv been in in my life :) Such comradery and good vibes :) Saw a lad hold off 2 fellow moshers to protect another lad tie his shoes.. and a bit later, the same lad, tryin to close his bag :D

John's still got it :) \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

And finally, thats probably the best pit/crowd Iv been in in my life :) Such comradery and good vibes :) Saw a lad hold off 2 fellow moshers to protect another lad tie his shoes.. and a bit later, the same lad, tryin to close his bag :D

I was at very left of stage in front of speaker with a load of space around me and people were reluctant to come infront of me and were asking if I could see, one guy even ducked down to take his photos so he wasn't blocking me. Cool crowd alright. Great vibe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

great gig it was, i'd love to see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

That was savage! That crowd surfin dude half knocked me out when I tried to catch em, I robbed one of the bass players plecs. It was gas watchin the lads scramblin on the stage for a anythin Kyuss :D
    In the words of Jacques "its ****ing hot in here!," ..scraic with the air conditioning in that joint?!
    Howlin Widow were class :) its a real pity I couldnt understand your man with the accent on em, haha.

John's still got it :) \m/

Ha ha!! Sorry about that if it was towards the end. The crowd was begging to be surfed :D
    Even managed to give my friends a wave and then helped a dude looking for his glasses after I came down, only found a well heeled pair of shades though.

Brilliant show, tunes were great to hear live at last and I also have to say that the pit was full of gentlemen, all hairy or shaved or sweaty or mad looking dudes, but all gentlemen and a couple of ladies of course.
    At the start, for thumb, I was itching to get moving and as I agitated a few around me I caught the eye of a brunette lady who motioned to me not to be starting, not to go mad like. Didn't take long after that :p
    Supa scoop was the dogs bollix....

Tried to get a buck with a tidy looking mohawk towards the back going during Allens Wrench, but he wasn't up for it, his loss......

As they say over there across the big pond, it was Awesome :cool::):D

Pete M. wrote: »
    Ha ha!! Sorry about that if it was towards the end. The crowd was begging to be surfed :D

No problem man, you were one of the lucky.. two? that actually got to surf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

amazing gig. It was like being at a neil diamond gig with the ammount of audience participation,

If anyone can find a video of 'Pilot the dune' from the night, that'd be fookin sweet. Here's what Iv found so far :D

Personally speaking, being front and centre, only a few feet from the stage (smack bang in the pit) for Rodeo, was probably the highlight of this whole damn year for me. Itll be a long time before the memory of this gig fades, and its gonna take a monster performance to top it.

Rob, I meant to try and find you on the night to thank you for getting John, Bruno, Jacques and Rob over here but I think the heat gave me temporary amnesia :P Cheers man :)

• Advertisement

Well tangy thanks a mill and im glad you and everybody enjoyed it :).
    Ive never been so happy to see so many heads nodding and rocking out and my jayus what a reaction they got great night !
    Hoelin widow were a great opener best band in ireland at the moment imo!

Stunning gig loads of high lights tunes wise great gig they were a great bunch to work with nice sound guys john was overjoyed with the response and he'll be back here for defo loves it here ! .

Should have something soon enough ill let yas all know ;)

Cheers
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 the_burner

Great gig, nice to see John back in form.
    Guys, can you help me out with the list of the songs the played? Need to write a short article on the gig.

PS. The crowd was just fantastic

the_burner wrote: »
    Great gig, nice to see John back in form.
    Guys, can you help me out with the list of the songs the played? Need to write a short article on the gig.

PS. The crowd was just fantastic

Want to know myself as its all a savage blur :D
    what i can remember and order is fuzzy maybe a few missing ?
    fill in the gaps

jumbo
    thumb
    hurricane
    fatso forgotso
    el rodeo
    freedom run
    supa scoop might scoopa
    100 degrees
    thorn (unida)
    pilot the dune (sloburn )
    alans wrench
    green machine

fill in the gaps

jumbo
    thumb
    hurricane
    Odyssey
    fatso forgotso
    el rodeo
    freedom run
    supa scoop might scoopa
    100 degrees
    thorn (unida)
    alans wrench
    green machine

FbYP (Fixed bit of your post:p)

fill in the gaps

jumbo
    thumb
    hurricane
    fatso forgotso
    el rodeo
    freedom run
    supa scoop might scoopa
    100 degrees
    thorn (unida)
    Gardenia
    alans wrench
    green machine
    FbYP (Fixed bit of your post:p)

Snap shhhhnap

And sure if we fooked up, we can hope one of the 2 lucky bástards that got the setlists are Boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

How could anyone forget Odyssey & Gardenia goddammit! It was one of the soundest crowds I've been in, I don't know how many people I chatted with there... I was dude standing right behind the pit, at centre about 15-20 feet from the stage, awesome!

Nailz wrote: »
    How could anyone forget Odyssey & Gardenia goddammit! It was one of the soundest crowds I've been in, I don't know how many people I chatted with there... I was dude standing right behind the pit, at centre about 15-20 feet from the stage, awesome!

It an unusual that you go to a gig and absolutly everything played is top notch it was just so good ! yeh and it was a good vibe no attitude from anybody sure we were all in the presence of a legend and all die hard kyuss fans nobody was a casual at that gig !

ill have some good news in a few days for all you kyuss/stoner lovin fans :D

keep the vibe going though it wont be john for a second round :(

It an unusual that you go to a gig and absolutly everything played is top notch it was just so good ! yeh and it was a good vibe no attitude from anybody sure we were all in the presence of a legend and all die hard kyuss fans nobody was a casual at that gig !

ill have some good news in a few days for all you kyuss/stoner lovin fans :D

keep the vibe going though it wont be john for a second round :(

Dwarves? I did just notice they've something coming up in London!

Ah any band should be cool, I'm just thinking of Kyuss members bands that don't involve John.

Dwarves? I did just notice they've something coming up in London!

Mondo Generator are also on tour :pac:

• Advertisement

Mondo Generator would be savage!

Advertisement