Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Emirates Stadium in London

• 29-01-2010 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Dublin to Emirates Stadium in London

Hello all, I need some help with travelling to London to the Ireland v Brazil in March.

It is being played at the Emirates Stadium in London (Arsenal Ground), and I want to fly to London and travel down to the game, but which Airport do I fly into? Which is the closest and easiest to get to? Would I be better getting the ferry and driving?

All replies thanked for in advance :)

one2one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Stansted Airport, train to Tottenham Hale (30mins) then transfer on to the tube (Victoria Line) to Finsbury Park.

Heathrow Airport, tube (Picadilly Line) all the way to Arsenal station (nearest to ground), total journey time about 80mins.

Gatwick Airport, train to Victoria, then transfer to tube (Victoria Line) to Finsbury Park.

In other words, they're all pretty handy so I'd make my decision based on price and where I was staying if I were you.

How to get there

Transport for London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Thanks for that.

Was planning on getting a mid day flight out & get a late one home. If the game finishes say around 2200 what time would I roughly reach one of the above airports?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

one2one wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Was planning on getting a mid day flight out & get a late one home. If the game finishes say around 2200 what time would I roughly reach one of the above airports?

Thanks.

You won't be able to fly home that night as there are no late night departures from London to Dublin.

Plan on a hotel and a flight home the next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Thanks alot for the info. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Also, don't forget Air France/Cityjet to London City.

True the flight might be more expensive, but it is the easiest airport to get through in London, and you are straight onto the Docklands Light Railway that will take you to Bank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement