Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail Online Seat Reservation

• 29-01-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hey guys
    just wondering is the lack of information on the displays on board trains becoming a regular problem. Today I was on the 3.10 Waterford service out of Heuston Station and the scrolling information bars above the doors at either end of the carriages displayed a “out of service” notice until we had all but left the station.
    Also, the seat I occupied initially was in fact booked online by a passenger yet there was no name above the window in the information display. I believe it was a seat in the group seats 20 to 24 on carriage B. The four seats opposite were also booked as part of the same online-booking. The group of online-booked passengers asked for their online-booked seats and the passengers around me refused to give up the seats they were in. The online-bookers moved on and a customer service woman arrived with a man in a high-viz jacket. The customer service woman informed the passengers around me and myself that the seats we were in, belonged to the online-booked passengers. Of the four passengers opposite me, three stood and moved down the crowded train. One lady said she had an online ticket also for a seat but it was occupied so she’s just sat down where there was a free seat. The three passengers around me didn’t want to move. One woman explained her friend was disabled and needed a seat, while another elderly lady stayed where she was as well. I got up and allowed the lady from the seats opposite to take my seat. There were therefore only 4 free seats for the original group of online-booked passengers.
    My complaint is that the customer services person failed to seat all the online-booked passengers in the seats they had booked and reserved and the man in the high viz jacket with her was rude.

The lack of information on the display above the window caused the trouble as if the names were there, the seats would have undeniably belonged to the original online-bookers. Some poeple think a ticket means a seat but thats an incorrect assumption.

I apologise for the rantish nature of the post but as a regular commuter the above situation is irritating. I don't belong to any political organisation or work for a travel company.

Advertisement