Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody buying or bought in Leixlip?

Options
  • 29-01-2010 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hey first time on boards,just wanted some advice on whether people have bought or are thinking about buying in leixlip? have been on property websites and viewed some houses but still not 100% sure,where would anybody recommend? or any ideas at all would be appreciated generally about buying?!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lilgirl24 wrote: »
    hey first time on boards,just wanted some advice on whether people have bought or are thinking about buying in leixlip? have been on property websites and viewed some houses but still not 100% sure,where would anybody recommend? or any ideas at all would be appreciated generally about buying?!

I grew up at the end of the Black Avenue- if you have specific questions- feel free to ask.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

smccarrick wrote: »
    I grew up at the end of the Black Avenue- if you have specific questions- feel free to ask.

Kinda defeats the purpose of your location detail in your avatar...

Kinda defeats the purpose of your location detail in your avatar...

Thats my current location I'm talking about in my avatar- I have moved in the interim :D

Anyhow- off topic.

OP- if you post specific questions- we'll see what we can do.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wonderbuns

This house is located behind Intel on a country road, few neighbours, beautiful scenery, close to the city

HOUSE FOR SALE - LEIXLIP - PRICED TO SELL
    House for Sale - Leixlip
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=1&selected_agent=&id=481119&s[agent_id]=437&s[p]=sptxrrsy
    AUTHENTIC AND CHARMING 2 BEDROOM COTTAGE ON A LARGE PRIVATE SITE.
    LOCATED IN A GORGEOUS SETTING ONLY 5 KILOMETRES FROM LEIXLIP TOWN.

FRONT GARDEN 20 METRES X 15 METRES.
    BACK GARDEN 30M X 15M.
    COTTAGE SPANS TO C. 71SQM (C. 750SQFT).

HUGE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT

€330,000 ONO

Before I get a string of people reporting this- we do allow personal advertisements in this forum- just not commercial advertisements, by commercial entities.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

lilgirl24 wrote: »
    are thinking about buying in leixlip?
    Depends if you have kids of not, tbh. Depends on a lot of things, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I wouldn't live near the train station. My sister in law's car and a few other cars were vandalised there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

gurramok wrote: »
    I wouldn't live near the train station. My sister in law's car and a few other cars were vandalised there last week.
    That area covers a few estates. If you mean they were vandalised in the train station carpark, from what I've seen, it depends where they parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Most properties in Ireland is still 30% - 40% overpriced. I would not even think of bidding on anything anywhere in this country for at least 18 months.

One exception is the house posted above - which looks like spam.....that is more than 50% overpriced in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Most properties in Ireland is still 30% - 40% overpriced.

and your basing your valuations on what exactly ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

D3PO wrote: »
    and your basing your valuations on what exactly ?

Erm...

> Yields
    > Long term historical trend
    > Comparable pricing per sq. foot for similar properties in other countries
    > Qualitative comparison of individual properties with other countries
    > Lending multiples applied to average borrowers dictating how much they can borrow
    > Disposable income levels and the mortgage sizes this implies

Apply any or all of the above criteria to just about any property on the market and you get a figure of their being overpriced 30% - 40%, more in the case of apartments.

But thanks for your smart-arse tone nonetheless.

Advertisement