Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Radio controled weather station question

Options
  • 29-01-2010 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

I have read with great interest the thread about Lidl's weather station as I have bought one myself.

Either I am getting too old or too stupid but as far as I can see in the instruction book or on the box, there is no specification as to how accurate the readings are.

Does anyone know what the specification is or where I may find that information?

I bought mine yesterday and it seems to be fairly accurate and works well. I love the automatic time and date update feature....why isn't it in all electronic equipment that reuires time and date entry. Probably too easy for someone to think....especailly when you consider how long the Rugby time transmitter has been up and running.

Thank you for you time and effort.

Regards

Bernard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Bernard7 wrote: »
    Hi

I have read with great interest the thread about Lidl's weather station as I have bought one myself.

Either I am getting too old or too stupid but as far as I can see in the instruction book or on the box, there is no specification as to how accurate the readings are.

Does anyone know what the specification is or where I may find that information?

I bought mine yesterday and it seems to be fairly accurate and works well. I love the automatic time and date update feature....why isn't it in all electronic equipment that reuires time and date entry. Probably too easy for someone to think....especailly when you consider how long the Rugby time transmitter has been up and running.

Thank you for you time and effort.

Regards

Bernard

If its Lidl , they probably didnt want to tell you! ha.
    ....only messin, ye they should be accurate enough, basically, check your station and compare it to any online station on the IWN page or wit one of ME stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Is there a weather station on sale in LIDL right now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bernard7

Hi

Lidl UK are selling a radio controlled weather station under the Auriol brand name. It is actually a Digi Tech 4-LD2569-3. It has been on sale in the UK for a couple of months at least so there aren't going to be many left in stores. They are selling for £9.99.

Basic features are inside and outside temp with a Min and Max memory. It also displays a trend arrow for the temp either up, down or staying the same.

Digital Clock with day and date which is syncronised to radio transmitter and sets the time and date automatically.

There is an outside sensor which transmits the outside temp using a UHF radio signal.

It is not the best thing in the world but it does seem accurate as you would expect with a German company....I have no complaints anyway.

For the price I think it is reasonable especially after trawling the internet for something similar. There also appeared to be a wide range in accuracy with these devices from + or - 1 degree C to + or - 0.1 degree C for nearly double the price. Hence my question about how accurate the display is. I would not mind betting it is + or - 0.1 degree c or so. Simply there would be no point in displaying tenths of a degree if the error was + or - 1 degree C IMHO.

Regards

Bernard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lucas 800

My weatherstation some days show the sunrise at 3.58 and the next day at 2.57, a whopping one hour discrepancy (and it's not even daylight savings day). I'm pretty sure I would notice if the earth suddenly speeded up or slowed down by ONE WHOLE HOUR. :eek: And when the remote sender is next to the receiver the error can be over 5%. No wonder the original manufacturer doesn't want to put their own brand name on the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Believe it or not it could be picking up the time signal from Darmstadt in Germany. I bought an Oregon 928 from Germany and if I have it on auto update it updates to continental time using the signal from germany. I think the wiring in my house is acting as an antenna!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gravitino

It's only £8.99 and it doesn't have a separate sensor unit and I can't get it to synchronise with the radio clock signal, but it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Moac

I have lost the instructions for DIGI-TECH 4-LD2066-4 weather station from Lidl ...

The radio controlled time has stopped updating. How do I get it to update again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 whataname

Lucas 800 wrote: »
    No wonder the original manufacturer doesn't want to put their own brand name on the thing.

+1. I bought one as well and its a piece of junk, made in china like a lot of the lidl stuff but under a European sounding brand name. Was about 4 degrees out and stopped working after a month.I suppose ye get what ye pay for, same as everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

The uncle bought one and during the coldsnap in 2010 it read -20 one night and caught fire afterwords :confused:

Advertisement