Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 grievance

Options
  • 29-01-2010 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi all, bit a lurker usually but i felt compelled to throw this ina post.
    I bought a 3 mobile broadband modem for my computer i had to give a deposit of 50 euros. which i gave no prob. When I got home the modem wouldnt get any reception in my apartment. the girl told me i would have to wait 21 days to get that 50 euros back. no prob again. 5 MONTHS LATER im still waiting for my cheque to come to me. i called them lots of times. they say oh theres a cheque on the way on to you. still no cheque. when in to the store told the person working there. he called then they was saying the same thing as before. I had to wait "10 days" 4 or 5 times. so i keep going in to the same person. I just got so tired of going in and not getting any help. i just stoped going in. so it looks like im not going to win here.
    I cant say id ever do business with 3 ever again.

not impressed

p.s. if this is better suited to CI or somewhere could a mod please send it on, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Small Claims Court, simple as that. It will cost €15 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

had the exact same problem with Vodafone, they kept fobbing us off. Don't know how long it actually took, but rang (and were told 10 days) at least three times. Did eventually get it though. If you're telling the truth then taking out an ad in a national newspaper telling all about their antics wouldn't be slander. But you could maybe go into the store first and say this is what you're going to do if you don't receive it in three days. Or maybe ring up again (i know) and ask to speak to a supervisor, and get really pissed. AND tell them you expect to be refunded for all the credit you used calling them.This sort of thing pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd call 3 customer care again and ask them have they proof you paid the deposit, sometimes the recipt can get lost in the system and the store will need to send proof of the deposit to 3 before they send the cheque, I think maybe the store did not provide this to 3 hence no cheque.

If you can establish what the exact reason the cheque has not been sent from customer care you can then go back and make sure the store send it, fax, email to 3 while your there.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Get in touch with Comreg before considering the Small Claims Court. They should be able to sort it out with less hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Not sure about this one?

Who did you pay the deposit to, for what and why?

Sounds like you were paying the shop in which case they are fobbing you off and should be returning your money? Just does'nt sound like the normal iinstance of the 50euro back scheme that rarely gets paid out on unless you complain as it sounds like you returned the modem :confused:.

Do you still have the modem ordid you return it when you found that you couldn't get any reception?

• Advertisement

ttm wrote: »
    Not sure about this one?

Who did you pay the deposit to, for what and why?

Sounds like you were paying the shop in which case they are fobbing you off and should be returning your money? Just does'nt sound like the normal iinstance of the 50euro back scheme that rarely gets paid out on unless you complain as it sounds like you returned the modem :confused:.

Do you still have the modem ordid you return it when you found that you couldn't get any reception?

It's pretty normal across the mobile networks, it's a security deposit in case the customer does not pay their first few bills, if u fail to pay on time you loose your deposit, as I said previously the record of the deposit has been misplaced and the store need to furnish 3 with the recipt for the deposit before 3 will issue a cheque, if op has a recipt for the deposit she could send it to 3 directly and they will issue a refund of the security deposit. I'd it was me at this stage I wouldn't leave the store again without my 50 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

It's pretty normal across the mobile networks, it's a security deposit in case the customer does not pay their first few bills, if u fail to pay on time you loose your deposit, as I said previously the record of the deposit has been misplaced and the store need to furnish 3 with the recipt for the deposit before 3 will issue a cheque, if op has a recipt for the deposit she could send it to 3 directly and they will issue a refund of the security deposit. I'd it was me at this stage I wouldn't leave the store again without my 50 euro.

But if the modem was returned aka 3's 14 day trial period where is the deposit and why was it not returned when the modem was returned?

ttm wrote: »
    But if the modem was returned aka 3's 14 day trial period where is the deposit and why was it not returned when the modem was returned?

The store collects the deposit on 3's behalf, when the customer returns the modem 3 issue a cheque for the deposit after 14 days. If the deposit slipped through the system for some reason the shop then needs to prove to 3 that the customer did pay a deposit by sending 3 conformation aka a recipt.
    I'm not 100% sure but more than likely in this case 3 have requested the proof of purchace of the deposit and the store has not supplied it to 3, hence causing the delay.
    Why they issue the deposit in this way rather than returning it at point of sale i'm not sure as it can cause headaces from time to time, has done for me anyway. Deposits are pretty rare on 3, think i've seen one in the last 3mts.

Advertisement