Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emperor - Iggulden's Caesar

Options
  • 29-01-2010 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Just completed the last of Conn Igguldens "Emperor" series. Thoroughly enjoyed it I must say. I put off reading the last few chapters for a while as I really didn't want to read them. I was actually even a little apprehensive when reading them.

Gave me a great insight into Caesar and his contemporaries at the time. Also provided a good overview of Rome and it's workings during the period.

What really struck me was Marcus Brutus though. Of course I know the books are works of fiction but damn, it gave me a real sense of empathy with Brutus. I'd always associated him with some of the bad characters in history but the books have certainly given me a broader insight into his character (or Iggulden's impression of it at any rate).

Just wondering if anybody else has read the series and for your thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Without doubt that was one of the finest series i have ever read, and his trilogy on genghis khan is superb also, even enjoyed reading emperor a second time a year later, i can't fault iggulden's writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I believe he may be going to write a fifth book in the Emperor series as well. I assume it will tie up the story of Brutus and the aftermath of Caesars death.

Advertisement