Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT slow for everyone else?

• 29-01-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I'm here at my girlfriend's house, she's with BT currently. Security settings are WEP (not many people at all would be able to get past this here) so i'm not worried about someone stealing the bandwidth.

I'm typing from a laptop, the only device currently connected to the netgear router. Sites are taking incredibly long to load, if they even do!

I would go on speedtest.net, but it's not loading :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

We're having the same problems for the last few days - some sites, possibly those hosted in Ireland, are ok but others are just doing nothing. Rang BT but they closed at 8pm - not that they'd admit to a problem anyway.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

I'm with them too but not for much longer. Its been like this for the past few days for me. I'm in north dublin. were abouts is everyone else having a problem.

Wexford. If the OP's location is accurate, he/she's in Cork. So that would make it a pretty widespread problem.

I have just discovered though that I was changed over last month, so if its just become a problem now maybe its short-term. I'll talk to them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Yep, I'm a Corkonian. Really strange stuff.

I was on to Vodafone today, the connection dropped altogether this morning and wouldn't come back (red light on modem). In typical fashion, I restarted it while I was on hold and it came back but the guy told that I would be better to change my BT username and password for a Vodafone username and password, which he gave me. Its been fine since then but time will tell whether its a fix. Makes a bit of a joke of the statement that people changing over will not need to change any settings though.

• Advertisement

So far so good....touch wood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

If you check out the vodafone forum on boards.ie is full of these threads. Lots of people are having issues.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

been having constant problems since saturday night, sync isnt dropping but i get insta dcd then back online, if im gaming im getting huge lag spikes but gtalk,sykpe etc isnt registering a dc. iv tried using different dns servers but no change. :( i forgot to check if im with vodafone yet, can you give me the phone number you called them on and ill give them a buzz this morning from work and see what they say?

thanks
    Splinter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Vodafone Broadand 1800 927 380

Vodafone support forum: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

thanks for the help. Will give them a call later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

I wish I had a mere slow connection. I would tolerate that, to a certain extent.
    I have had little or no DSL connection at all since Friday.

Ive tried two different routers, both worked flawlessly on BT.
    One eventually managed to connect last night for the first time, the DSL light on the router actually came on! It done this on its own accord, and then worked perfectly for hours. The speed seemed fine.
    The router was later switched off, but on turning it back on, it failed once again to detect the DSL. Ive been rebooting it, etc, but to no avail.
    If it ever manages to reconnect again, I suppose Ill have to leave it on 24/7, just in case it takes another 2 days to reconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Ive just been on the Vodafone technical support for some time. According to their "system", my broadband was still working perfectly, even after the modem had been switched off and unplugged altogether! :D
    The girl on the phone assured me this shouldnt happen, and the engineers will be sent out to investigate!

Advertisement