Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player pushes chips and says you've won

Options
  • 29-01-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Heads up in a tournament last night. I was dealing and player A loses an all in pot against player B. Stacks are very similar and player A announces as he gets up from his chair and pushes his chips into the center of the table "good game, you've won...nice catch on the river...game over"

I announce that I must do a chip count to make 100% sure that player B has player A covered. Player B protests that it should'nt make a difference because player A "conceaded" the game!

Obviously this is not the case and I proceded to count the stacks and it turned out that player A had 9k of a stack left...in which he went on to jammy his way to win.

player B was a little angry over the fact that player A gave up, and said that he should have won because the other player conceded!!

Has this ever happened to anyone else? There wasn't any big dispute over this as its a silly debate to even entertain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Angle shooting IMO.

Proper count and play continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

As above, but I hate when people over react and start running their mouths off before the chips are counted up. A word in Player A's ear might not go astray for future games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

If it's Heads Up, why can't a player concede?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Correct ruling IMO.

If he wanted to concede he should have just left the table while his remaining 9k was blinded away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I presume just like cards...chips play themselves.

If a player just did'nt want to continue for whatever reason then fine, but if he just thought he was beaten by the chip count then thats a different story. Just my opinion.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

If he leaves the table and is getting blinded away do you expect the dealer to continue to deal and shuffle correctly, while removing the cards directly after each deal and awarding the pot to the remaining player?

What if someone with 70% of chips in play, Heads Up, has to leave, for an emergency.. and he leaves the building... does the dealer have to continue dealing 20, 30 or 50 hands, including correct shuffling etc between hands, when it's clear to everyone that the other guy has left and is not coming back.

So can you concede a Heads Up match or not?, or must it be played out?

I think Player A did concede here...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

If he leaves the table and is getting blinded away do you expect the dealer to continue to deal and shuffle correctly, while removing the cards directly after each deal and awarding the pot to the remaining player?

What if someone with 70% of chips in play, Heads Up, has to leave, for an emergency.. and he leaves the building... does the dealer have to continue dealing 20, 30 or 50 hands, including correct shuffling etc between hands, when it's clear to everyone that the other guy has left and is not coming back.

So can you concede a Heads Up match or not?, or must it be played out?

I think Player A did concede here...

As a dealer/TD OP you did exactly as you should have.

In answer to the above, it was already said but the stack has to be blinded out until its over. A dealer is paid to deal. Personally from my dealing days I would rather that as you can just relax and deal away. It happened me while dealing at the Irish Winter Festival in Killarney that only 1 player out of the 9 supposed to be there was on time after an interval. I proceeded to deal and after every deal just mucked before him and he said raise and he won the pots. I deal about 6 hands before any-one came to the table.

You can give up, however you can't give your chips away or take them with you. If you decide that you can't finish a tourney then your chips are left where they were and blinded out, regardless of what stage the tourney is at.

A guy in the world series named Stu Ungar OD'd after the 3rd day of the 1990 WSOP. He obviously wasn't able play but he still made the final table as he had a deep stack and he was being blinded out.

Putting it simply, you can leave but your chips can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

and what if the one player had said 'fold',.. does the BB get the pot as he's the last player in?, .. but you'd have removed and mucked his cards immediately after dealing, so if the one player said 'fold' there'd have been no players left!, and no-one to give the pot to!

Does the one player have to say 'raise'?... he's the only player with a hand, so he should win by default. (But if he says 'fold' before you can announce him the winner by default?)

The TD would have been in bits!

Stupid question I know, from a silly person.

I think the TD could rule a heads up player who's just died, or is otherwise unavailable, perhaps arrested,.. , that he's out, not coming back, and award the game to the remaining player without dealing the hands.. could he?, in the interest of the game?

But I do get it,.. I'd be happy to sit there playing the best poker of my life, winnning pot after pot...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

and what if the one player had said 'fold',.. does the BB get the pot as he's the last player in?, .. but you'd have removed and mucked his cards immediately after dealing, so if the one player said 'fold' there'd have been no players left!, and no-one to give the pot to!

Does the one player have to say 'raise'?... he's the only player with a hand, so he should win by default. (But if he says 'fold' before you can announce him the winner by default?)

Those are massive "if's" mate. I explained exactly what did happen and am not going through it again.

The TD would have been in bits!

Stupid question I know, from a silly person.

I think the TD could rule a heads up player who's just died, or is otherwise unavailable, perhaps arrested,.. , that he's out, not coming back, and award the game to the remaining player without dealing the hands.. could he?, in the interest of the game?

Possibly he could as you say in the interest of the game given certain circumstances but the ruling would most certainly be what I have said before.

But I do get it,.. I'd be happy to sit there playing the best poker of my life, winnning pot after pot...

Fact :D

Advertisement